need help with fridge centre console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have an australian delivered 80 series, it has a fridge centre console that i not connected. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the wiring setup, there are 3 wires that run into a plug and need to be run somewhere, and thats what i need to know, i assume there will be an earth, a 12v+ and maybe a signal wire to run to the ac compressor and or solenoid. Could someone please have a look in their non-australian 80 series workshop manual wiring diagram or whatever.

I plan on cutting into the high and low pressure lines of the aircon system, placing tee's into the lines, and a solenoid on the high pressure side. what i need to know is what wire tells the solenoid and ac compressor to open or turn on respectively.

The fridge console unit has two ice trays inside, with "off" , "ICE" and "cool" buttons on the top. Underneath the console is a control unit known as an amplifier.

What boggles my mind is that the fridge console has a fan, a thermistor to control the temp in the fridge, 3 settings being off ice and cool, a amplifier, probably 20 wires come out of the amplifier. how can the system be so complex and have only 3 wires that need to be plugged in?

help please!:bang:

cheers,
Todd.

I can't help you with this but do you know if this is an aftermarket option or Toyota upgrade we can order for US version 80's? Can you post a picture of your fridge? Thanks.

Sorry, a bit late I know but for any future searchers arriving here, here is a wiring diagram for 70s series. I found it in my search to retrofit a 60 series console fridge which has 4 wires!! I'm still looking!!!
wiring10.jpg

Hey Todd,

First off, welcome to Mud. You should post up an intro and some pics...

I could be wrong, but if you look under the carpet under the console, you may find the connection for the fridge.

I am pretty sure that the wiring harness is installed in the factory for all the options, then the options are added later.

here is the 80 console wiring diagram.

Attachments

• cool ice box wiring.pdf
    419.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics of the three pin connector under the center console of my 95.

I would think this is for the fridge, but the wires are different colors than in the EWD that girraffe posted...
Center Consel Wires 2.jpg
IMG_2379.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom