Need Help with Emissions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all

Just made the decision to purchase an 81 FJ60. Went to CTS to get a 1000 dollar tune with valves being adjusted...put some E-85 in the tank..crossed my fingers and failed emissions because of High HCs at idle????? I refuse to spend 700 plus on more work on my FJ just to POSSIBLY get a waiver. Just seems like a rip off..when truckers driving for companies and state vehicles don't have to get emissions..while the average joe is forced to pay thousands of dollars just to possibly get a waiver. :bang:

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go, or what I should do to pass CO emissions? I've already read the post on cheating by hooking up the air pump to the air rail....but not sure if they will catch that since they seem to inspect under the hood with a fine tooth comb.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

What part of Co are you in? here in Colorado springs we don't have emissions anymore..

im not to up on the 2F emissions stuff, but maybe Mark or wayne has some advise.

They still have emissions in the Denver area - pretty strict also I think. The Rising Sun guys would probably be more familiar with it then anyone here.

Grab your report and post the findings in the 60 series section. There are some pretty knowledgeable guys.

You will probably end up with an emissions manual. If you are near the springs I would be more than happy to lend you mine...if I can find it.

What part of Co are you in? here in Colorado springs we don't have emissions anymore..

im not to up on the 2F emissions stuff, but maybe Mark or wayne has some advise.

I'm in Adams County..part of the "extended range" of emissions testing.

I am very High in HC's at idle. Everything else was within passing. I put a couple of gallons of E85 in just before the test and it ran horribly. Is it possible that the E85 caused it to fail at idle?

Grab your report and post the findings in the 60 series section. There are some pretty knowledgeable guys.

You will probably end up with an emissions manual. If you are near the springs I would be more than happy to lend you mine...if I can find it.

I had an extensive tune at CTS..with emissions stuff included, so I'm not sure if I should tinker with the emissions stuff..for fear of adjusting something and causing more failures than just high HC's at idle.

Are they supposed to check under the hood for Denver emissions...if not I may just switch some hoses around and blow air into the rails to I can get through this. Anyone with experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom