Need help picking a 285/75/18 Tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help choosing the right tire and would appreciate a little help. I am torn between the 285/75 or a 295/70 size. If i decided to run with a 295 my choice would be for the new Nitto Ridge Grappler. I am however still looking for the right tire in a 285 size. Here is some info on my current driving situation.

I use my 100 as a DD. I drive a total of 50 miles each day and its mostly highway miles. I work various shifts and so during the winter months it can be a little tough on the way home at 4am. I do easy to moderate offroading about 4-5 times a year picking trails out of the wells guide to Colorado Trails book. Awesome by the way! I pull a popup camper when i take the fam but usually just to campgrounds with little to no offroading while loaded up with that stuff. I just purchased a set of 2014 TRD Pro wheels with a +30mm offset if that makes a difference. I also just had Slee remove my AHC and install a 2" OME lift with UCAs.
With all of that being said here are my tire choices for a 285.

Toyo OC AT2 - Nitto Terra G2 - Cooper AT3 - Toyo OC RT (a stretch due to price) Can you rank them for me please.

Thx for your time!

Have you considered a Goodyear DuraTrac? I have always been very happy with them and find it to be a pretty well rounded tire for year round use that is also snow rated. I may be biased though, it has been my go to tire on multiple vehicles.

I would stick with the 285, more common of a size should you need one while you are on your travels. the nitto terra arnt to bad for a more mild of an a/t, a few guys at work have the cooper at3 and love them.

I need some help choosing the right tire and would appreciate a little help. I am torn between the 285/75 or a 295/70 size. If i decided to run with a 295 my choice would be for the new Nitto Ridge Grappler. I am however still looking for the right tire in a 285 size. Here is some info on my current driving situation.

I use my 100 as a DD. I drive a total of 50 miles each day and its mostly highway miles. I work various shifts and so during the winter months it can be a little tough on the way home at 4am. I do easy to moderate offroading about 4-5 times a year picking trails out of the wells guide to Colorado Trails book. Awesome by the way! I pull a popup camper when i take the fam but usually just to campgrounds with little to no offroading while loaded up with that stuff. I just purchased a set of 2014 TRD Pro wheels with a +30mm offset if that makes a difference. I also just had Slee remove my AHC and install a 2" OME lift with UCAs.
With all of that being said here are my tire choices for a 285.

Toyo OC AT2 - Nitto Terra G2 - Cooper AT3 - Toyo OC RT (a stretch due to price) Can you rank them for me please.

Thx for your time!

ChewBaca did you make a tire purchase yet?

I had the Nitto's, but not the G2's, great all around tire except for very poor winter performance. I bought the Cooper A/Tw's, they are based on the A/T3's which won a tire shootout on another 4X4 website. Supposed to be a better winter performer with all season capability, might be worth a look.

ChewBaca did you make a tire purchase yet?

I had the Nitto's, but not the G2's, great all around tire except for very poor winter performance. I bought the Cooper A/Tw's, they are based on the A/T3's which won a tire shootout on another 4X4 website. Supposed to be a better winter performer with all season capability, might be worth a look.

Hey,
I haven't bought my tires yet as something else came up. I have been looking at the Nitto Exxo Grappler, its an all weather tire but only comes in a 280/75/18. I am leaning towards these as I may put on a 1/14 spacers.

Hey,
I haven't bought my tires yet as something else came up. I have been looking at the Nitto Exxo Grappler, its an all weather tire but only comes in a 280/75/18. I am leaning towards these as I may put on a 1/14 spacers.

The Exxo Grappler was on my short list also, as I definitely wanted a winter rated AT tire in our part of the country. If the Exxo rides like the TG I had they should be a good tire, let us know.

Did you pull the trigger on any yet? I've been considering the same size in a Toyo AT2.

Pics??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom