Need help In identifying this harness for dome light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I bought this for upgrading my LC 105 middle row dome light to LX470 but the pigtail that is in the car doesn't fit this socket. Does anyone know what type of harness is this and where I can find the male version for it? Thanks!
IMG_3485 Large.jpeg
IMG_3486 Large.jpeg
IMG_3487 Large.jpeg

IMG_3484 Large.jpeg

what you have in your hand is the male. So you need the female that will be listed in the wiring book for the lx470, probably LC also, probably any year. I do not have my book handy.
Maybe some else does.

what you have in your hand is the male. So you need the female that will be listed in the wiring book for the lx470, probably LC also, probably any year. I do not have my book handy.
Maybe some else does.
I recently tried to purchase one from a guy who was parting out his 99 cruiser but his middle row dome light pigtail was completely different from the one shown in pictures.
This one is from 2005 cruiser.

The male connector in the assembly appears to be p/n 90980-12212. I can’t seem to find its mate in the female connector catalog, though. I’ve attached both male & female catalogs here, maybe you’ll have better luck.

4F8BF807-DCC9-45A4-85BA-9590D77A85BC.jpeg

Attachments

• Connectors - femaleno.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Connectors - malenonw.pdf
    394.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The male connector in the assembly appears to be p/n 90980-12212. I can’t seem to find its mate in the female connector catalog, though. I’ve attached both male & female catalogs here, maybe you’ll have better luck.

View attachment 3238580
You are a legend. Thank you very much for uploading pdf catalog.

View attachment 3238580
Thank you very much again. I found the female connector and the part number is

90980-12211.​

It's is not in the pdf catalog but without your help finding the male connector, I would have never found the female connector. Cheers!
Here is the link

Thank you very much again. I found the female connector and the part number is

90980-12211.​

It's is not in the pdf catalog but without your help finding the male connector, I would have never found the female connector. Cheers!
Here is the link

I love a happy ending.
It's a happy ending that keeps giving. I need one, too, after replacing the aftermarket DVD palyer with an OEM Interior Lamp for a 2006 LX470.

It's a happy ending that keeps giving. I need one, too, after replacing the aftermarket DVD palyer with an OEM Interior Lamp for a 2006 LX470.
I received mine a week ago from AliExpress and it’s perfect fit. Just like OEM.

@dealmaker and anyone in future wants to upgrade their dome light. I am attaching this picture for polarity. I tested my LX dome light with test light and labeled this connector accordingly.View attachment 3265485
I found picture of the female connector. Please help me identify part number in catalog uploaded by Ayune. Thanks!
View attachment 3238835View attachment 3238836View attachment 3238837

@dealmaker and anyone in future wants to upgrade their dome light. I am attaching this picture for polarity. I tested my LX dome light with test light and labeled this connector accordingly.
To confirm, it looks like the photos in the bottom show two ribbon wires tapped in to the connector, the second wire is likely the one feeding the rear dome light? If so, does it matter which wire is tapped in to either side of the connector?

To confirm, it looks like the photos in the bottom show two ribbon wires tapped in to the connector, the second wire is likely the one feeding the rear dome light? If so, does it matter which wire is tapped in to either side of the connector?
Look at the dome light you bought. The top two wires are positive and the bottom of the connector has only one wire that is ground. In the photo I marked two ground wires but in fact there is only one ground wire that goes inside the connector of the dome light assembly.
I don’t believe this middle row dome light is connected to the very back dome light but I am not sure though. The only way to find out is to remove the headliner or whoever have access to workshop manual schematics.

@Kamran Khan how did you attach the ribbon wires to the connectors?
I just received my female connector today.
Did you have to solder on any pins to the stripped wire? Or is it as simple as partially removing the little plastic part on the top of the female connector, sliding in the stripped wires to the respective holes, and then "clamp" down by sliding the little plastic part back in to the connector?

Strip the ribbon wires and crimp it in those ears of the female pins. Those pins can go in the plastic housing only one way.
Soldring will be better but I didn't solder mine. If you are planing to solder, then make sure you don't drop a blob of solder on the pins, otherwise it's not going to fit in the plastic housing.
I also checked continuity between the female pins and the dome light assembly with a multi meter to make sure that the connection is secure.

Strip the ribbon wires and crimp it in those ears of the female pins. Those pins can go in the plastic housing only one way.
Soldring will be better but I didn't solder mine. If you are planing to solder, then make sure you don't drop a blob of solder on the pins, otherwise it's not going to fit in the plastic housing.
I also checked continuity between the female pins and the dome light assembly with a multi meter to make sure that the connection is secure.
Ahhh...I see. My connector 90980-12211 didn't come with any pins, the the plastic connector housing, so I guess it's off to the local electronics store tomorrow AM to get the correct pins. Thanks!

Yes that AliExpress seller is sneaky. He sells those pins separately. If You go to his page you have to add housing to the shopping cart first then add pins separately to the cart. Both pins and housing are listed on the same page.
Ahhh...I see. My connector 90980-12211 didn't come with any pins, the the plastic connector housing, so I guess it's off to the local electronics store tomorrow AM to get the correct pins. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom