Need Advice on Purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

eh, Andrew, I went and asked about Broken Arrow when we were in Sedona. Turned out the lady at the Ranger station has a Rubicon and has done B.A. several times. She strongly discouraged me from trying it. Something about a big ledge at the beginning that she says they scrape over each time...
Since I had come back to my senses after the high-speed runs in the desert in Baja, I decided this was enough tempting luck for now, so we went instead to several lower key dirt roads to get to indian cliff ruins...
Of course, she may not have known we had a cruiser (with 8 pots too...)
E

(with 8 pots too...)

Eric,

I would like to see your 8 pots at Broken Arrow. Please make a lot of pics. :cheers:

Mike

Actually, a stock 80 can do it...with a good driver and no fear of losing, or seriously messing up the running boards. It's darn near a highway compared to what it was 14 years ago. The Jeep tours run 20-40 Jeeps through it a day, and have stacked A LOT of rocks, making what used to be a nice ledge a ramp... :'(

Still fun though. It's definitely a "real 4x" only trail.

-H-

Eric, any "pots" you may have returned with should probably be replaced, as it's taken very seriously around the Southwest. Just a couple of things to think about:

1) Very bad mojo....

2) Antiquities Act of 1904....all of our local Federal Magistrate Judges take it very seriously. :eek:

3) A very good way to end up dead in an arroyo somewhere around Tuba City.... :-\

Eric, any "pots" you may have returned with should probably be replaced, as it's taken very seriously around the Southwest. Just a couple of things to think about:

1) Very bad mojo....

2) Antiquities Act of 1904....all of our local Federal Magistrate Judges take it very seriously.

3) A very good way to end up dead in an arroyo somewhere around Tuba City....

What are you talking about? I don't understand ???

Eric was referring to his V8 I think.

Mike

AsiaMike,

Pot poaching among the ruins of the Southwest is not uncommon and is really, really a bad thing to do. The ancient pueblo native americans made various shape and sizes of pots for hundreds of years. When ancient villages were abandon they left the old pots in their pueblos. Poachers dig down in the ruins, usually in the corners, and steal whatever they can.

As Andrew mentioned, it is very illegal and ignorance of the laws is never accepted as an excuse.

And.... taking anything, even a small pot shard or a stone chip, is very bad karma.

Eric appears to be intelligent and I believe he is a college professor (not that the two are related). I'm sure he knows better and would never do anything that stupid.

-B-

copying over heep pics
sexcartoon4.gif

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Could just be that Asiarider did not understand the intended message between the lines. Most regions of the world deal with similiar issues, but I'm sure he just didn't understand what was being referred to.

Poor poor Lars. Apparently he is dealing with shortcomings in other areas and chose to bash cruisers on a cruiser site that is here to help him.
nono.gif

Those of us out here in the West still settle disputes the 'ol fashioned way
1494.gif

Junk,

I have yet to say a negative thing about my Cruiser or anyone elses. Perhaps I should have thrown in a comment about your Momma so the nature of my earlier replies would have been more clear.

With that aside, for good I hope...

It feels good to have my first thread hijack under the ol belt. ih8mud lifer status here I come!

Hltopper,
Broken Arrow was my very first trail. Funny to look back and think how intimidated I was when I pulled up to Devils Staircase. That was 10 years ago and there was more areas open to drive on then. Once I get my Cruiser up & running we'll have to set up a trip for the Az crew on the board. I've never even seen an 80 on a trail so it would be nice to head out with the 'experts'.

Eric,
As someone who has intensely studied southwestern archaeology, it bothers me to hear looting stories, especially in my backyard. Hope we are misunderstanding your story.

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=10043;start=msg89928#msg89928 date=1074039087]
AsiaMike,

Pot poaching among the ruins of the Southwest is not uncommon and is really, really a bad thing to do. The ancient pueblo native americans made various shape and sizes of pots for hundreds of years. When ancient villages were abandon they left the old pots in their pueblos. Poachers dig down in the ruins, usually in the corners, and steal whatever they can.

As Andrew mentioned, it is very illegal and ignorance of the laws is never accepted as an excuse.

And.... taking anything, even a small pot shard or a stone chip, is very bad karma.

Eric appears to be intelligent and I believe he is a college professor (not that the two are related). I'm sure he knows better and would never do anything that stupid.

-B-

[/quote]

Yes, I didn't understand the meaning. Sorry for that. :whoops:

But I am not willing to accept that Eric meant it that way because I believe he is a very nice member of this board. I think it is all a missunderstanding. :cheers:

Sorry again for my slow understanding and we have similiar problems here in Thailand too since we have very valuable ancient sides that were looted before.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom