Need a rear tail light socket replacement (1 Viewer)

Hello All, I have corroded sockets in both left and right tail lightS. Can anyone point me to a reliably compatible socket replacement solution?

thank you

Hello All, I have corroded sockets in both left and right tail lightS. Can anyone point me to a reliably compatible socket replacement solution?

thank you
Had the same problem, found them on the shelf at O'Reilly's. Just splice them in, and make sure you don't swap the polarity.

We’ve always pilfered them off parts harnesses we have lying around but a part number for that would be useful.
My 96 LC has P/N:
81555-60321 (RH) SOCKET & WIRE SUB-ASSY, REAR COMBINATION LAMP, RH (SUPERCEDED BY 81565-60241)

81565-60241 (LH) (& RH) SOCKET & WIRE SUB-ASSY, REAR COMBINATION LAMP, LH (& RH)

Currently $28.87 from McGeorge.

My 96 LC has P/N:
81555-60321 (RH) SOCKET & WIRE SUB-ASSY, REAR COMBINATION LAMP, RH (SUPERCEDED BY 81565-60241)

81565-60241 (LH) (& RH) SOCKET & WIRE SUB-ASSY, REAR COMBINATION LAMP, LH (& RH)

Currently $28.87 from McGeorge.
That’s correct I just ordered directly though Toyota and of course im
Just seeing this! Thanks guys direct from
Toyota was $92.55 $75.60 for both plus $16.95 shipping

That’s correct I just ordered directly though Toyota and of course im
Just seeing this! Thanks guys direct from
Toyota was $92.55 $75.60 for both plus $16.95 shipping
Then you need to get from a DIFFERENT Toyota dealer! You got hosed!

I posted McGeorge for a reason!

Then you need to get from a DIFFERENT Toyota dealer! You got hosed!

I posted McGeorge for a reason!
Indeed. Thank you for that helpful information but I saw it too late and that’s my fault. Good news is I need more oem parts and that site will be a great source. Thanks again.

Indeed. Thank you for that helpful information but I saw it too late and that’s my fault. Good news is I need more oem parts and that site will be a great source. Thanks again.
As an FYI:
Toyota allows their dealerships to establish their own published MSRP, then give their own discounts accordingly.

5 years ago, I sent an extensive list to each of (5) Toyota dealerships. 4 are within 25 miles of my house, the other was online. Two of them locally were nearly double the other two. The "MSRP" was more than double the "MSRP" listed on the others, and the "discount" was "more", but the final price was still considerably higher.

Others have commented that this is totally above board for the dealerships to work this way.

Later, I found McGeorge and they can ship it to my doorstep for the same or slightly less than I can get from one of the more competitive dealerships within 5 miles of my house, and I don't have to schedule time out to go get the parts.

Sorry to bring this post back up.

Does anyone know if the tail light harness fits a JDM 80 series?
I have a Right Hand Drive with a faulty socket and need to get it replaced.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom