Need a front drive shaft... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Would anyone have laying around a front drive shaft for a later 85 and onward 60?

Frank

Not to poach, but if anyone has a '84 and earlier, I will take that one!
@elripster I may have one but it might be a while before I can get to where it might be... When did you need it?

I will have a free 84 earlier when I find the 85 and up version.

Frank

I could use that shaft this weekend if it is available. Wanna just trade?

Frank

Oooh... Let me swing by the storage... If I don't have it anymore (possibly sold with my 60) I will take that older one off your hands!

I'll swing by this afternoon. If I don't have it, I might still have the number of the guy I sold it to, who may not be using it.

Any luck on finding that shaft? I don't necessarily have to have it by this weekend but it would be nice to button up that particular project. I will be at Phulcrum's Sunday all day.

Knarf

Didn't get a chance to swing by but will be doing so in about an hour. Fingers crossed!

I was thinking here, not sure if this will work.

I need: The shorter pre-85 drive shaft but with the post 85 yoke.

If we just trade I will have the longer post 85 shaft that won't work. If we just swapped yokes you'd have the longer post 85 shaft but with the smaller pre 85 yoke.

Note that when my 5 speed swap is done hopefully in a few months I will need the longer post 85 shaft and yoke which would free up the whole pre 85 driveshaft with yoke.

Frank

I will swing by storage in an hour to take a look... I only really need the double cardan portion of the <`84 driveshaft... If you need to keep your shorty for a while, I can grab it when you do your 5 speed upgrade... Will let you know what I find!

@elripster Do you just need the right flange for now? Why the need for the post 85 yoke?

So yeah I just need the flange to get 4wd. The reason is, I swapped in an axle from an later 85 truck into my 84 and sort of created this flangy/yoke problem.

Hmmm... If you can rebuild the spider, I may have one I can lend for the weekend. I am not using it until i get my transmission back in the 44...

Not sure the yoke is the right length, but I am pretty sure the flange is the same... Can you send me a picture and measurements so I can verify? it is sitting in my driveway.

I will have to see if Tim can measure, the truck is at his place. I know the yokes are interchangeable between the earlier and later front driveshafts. It's the lengths that changed. Later 85 an onward use a longer shaft due to the spacer between the trans and t-case that allows for the H55f to fit into the later trucks.

Frank

I will be Tim's Sunday, assess the situation and get back to you.

Frank

So I checked the storage and my 85 driveshafts were sold with my 60. I might be able to dig up the guy tha bought it from me and see if he is using them, but if not, I also may have the flange you want on another driveshaft I have... Let me know those dimensions and I'll see if they match up...

Ok sounds excellent. I will check this weekend.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom