NAV screen replacement advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
new to me 2002 lc with factory NAV but screen is inoperable. I've seen just screen replacements on eBay for like 280$. Has anyone used these? I'm not really looking to upgrade and don't care about NAV but would like to see A/C -Heat functions etc..Any thoughts on a reasonable priced replacement ?
Thanks

i can confirm that is a (very) reasonable price for a replacement. on the 2004 and up, the price is about double that for a replacement

Thanks. NAV screen finally came in and installed. I get better color but still no function from screen? A/C and radio work but again just a blue screen? Any thoughts on what else might be causing no function. Old screen was toast.(see pic). I’m now thinking in may just delete NAV entirely.

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6291.jpeg

Ok, so you're getting just a blank screen no matter what function you're on?

Boom Just started working! Drove about 20 miles and everything appears on. Fingers crossed!

IMG_6305.jpeg

Thanks jsloden on recommendation. Took a little longer to receive screen but paid around $90 with shipping-deal! A couple of things I did / observed. There were 4 tabs/ screw holes on back of new screen I snipped off. Also there is a 3 wire plug going to circuit board I tried to pull off and broke. Re soldered. Probably should have left alone. I think only 4 ? Things need to be unplugged once entire unit out of vehicle.

Sounds good. I'm going to try and tackle this in the next few weeks. My screen looks almost as bad as yours did. I eventually would like to do a nav delete but just don't have the time right now. Glad it all worked out for you. I'm up in Tupelo by the way.

Similar boat, I bought an LX where certain sections of the touch-screen don't work. You guys think a replacement of the LCD would fix this? I don't have the time to delete NAV at the moment.

Similar boat, I bought an LX where certain sections of the touch-screen don't work. You guys think a replacement of the LCD would fix this? I don't have the time to delete NAV at the moment.
Good question. Possibly? Mine was totally out. Talking to others with glitchy systems it’s 50-50 shot.

It seems like it would work. You just have to VERY careful with the ribbon cables. If you have ever replace the lcd in a laptop or some other device you shouldn't have a problem. Just take your time.

It seems like it would work. You just have to VERY careful with the ribbon cables. If you have ever replace the lcd in a laptop or some other device you shouldn't have a problem. Just take your time.

I hope it works, but I'm guessing the Alibaba/AliExpress LCD took 2 months to arrive? @Metalize

I'm also getting a little message upon startup saying something "System Disk Inserted" or "Not Inserted", I forgot what it was. Not sure what that is about.

The disk drive for the navigation is under the passenger seat. There is a little plastic cover over the end of it. If you move the passenger seat all the way up you'll see it. Once you get the cover off you'll be able to eject the nav disk. You might try cleaning the disk. You also might try getting a dvd cleaning disk to clean the drive.

The disk drive for the navigation is under the passenger seat. There is a little plastic cover over the end of it. If you move the passenger seat all the way up you'll see it. Once you get the cover off you'll be able to eject the nav disk. You might try cleaning the disk. You also might try getting a dvd cleaning disk to clean the drive.

I just looked under there. I open the slot and don't see anything. Is there supposed to be a disk in there or something? I just see a blank space. I was hoping to see a tray or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom