My Storage Drawer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
So I scored a Truck Vault storage drawer system from a thrift store a couple of years ago. Had to do some mods to make it fit right and it was great having it. After a year of wheeling with it and not having the room that I used to have for taking the kids to the Drive-In and less room for groceries I decided to remove it. To make a long story short, I basically used parts of the system and made them more useful to myself and family! Now I have storage drawers and a place to sleep and a place to lay down and watch movies at the Drive-In again.:D All this was built for under $100 including my initial investment of $20 for the truck vault system.
DSC09075.jpg
0115151500.jpg
0115151458.jpg
0116151331.jpg

0128151437.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work:clap:
Lowering the deck height for sleeping really helps. It's the most significant measurement to observe when building a system that will also be used for camping. It's somewhat dependent on the (sitting) height of the users.

Nice work:clap:
Lowering the deck height for sleeping really helps. It's the most significant measurement to observe when building a system that will also be used for camping. It's somewhat dependent on the (sitting) height of the users.
Thank you!

Great job! I know we really love and use our platform, it is one of the best modifications we have done to our Cruiser.

Nice explanation of what you did. Lots of good ideas that could be adapted into someone's own build. The wood block trick with the second row seats is particularly useful for someone in the design stage of a project like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom