my new trans filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just installed my new transmission filter yesterday. it looks kinda busy in there but it'll work, mounted next to my oil filter. the last shot shows how they were returned. what you dont see is the ports i had before for the removable filter setup i had for the trans, they were removed. i have posted the oil filter before, but now its little brother is ready for all the world to see. this is especially for you "B" ;)
IMG_3491.jpg
IMG_3486.jpg
IMG_3487.jpg

What do the stainless braided lines go to? I'm really curious to know the background on this.

if you can call a filled two car garage a big work shop.....

the stainless braids are the supply lines to both the filters, didnt have enough for the returns right now. that stuff is pricey.

the backgroung is nothing new, just fifties tecnology wrapped in a new package. toilet paper bypass oil filters.

i also have the Rich inspired coolant filter mod, not shown. and yes it cought that sludge and left over casting sand( i suspect is the real cause of the head gasket failures at the #6 cyl coolant pasage)

if you can call a filled two car garage a big work shop.....

the stainless braids are the supply lines to both the filters, didnt have enough for the returns right now. that stuff is pricey.

the backgroung is nothing new, just fifties tecnology wrapped in a new package. toilet paper bypass oil filters.

i also have the Rich inspired coolant filter mod, not shown. and yes it cought that sludge and left over casting sand( i suspect is the real cause of the head gasket failures at the #6 cyl coolant pasage)

I was thinking TOC.

I have the same thing. I cut a plate out with the CNC machine we have at work and got it all together. Just never had the time to actually install it.

nope, not at Delta anymore. now i'm at the nations first Caterpillar dealer, been there for about 4 years now. got some of the fittings there but everything else was local hydraulics supply store (and very expensive)

nlxtacy. you really need to install that thing. you wont believe the trash you get from your coolant system.

gonna be working on my wifes FJ tomorrow getting it ready for her trans filter, already have the engine oil done.

nlxtacy. you really need to install that thing. you wont believe the trash you get from your coolant system.

Considering the fact that I have headgasket issues and I dumped in a tube of BAR's, I can only imagine. Just did my front axle and a few other things. I will eventually get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom