My new RV/tow truck/parts hauler/school bus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked this up off of craigslist for $1300 1990 Chevrolet G20 Conversion 7-pass, 5.7 TBI, Class III hitch....this is a key part of getting the FJ to where the funs at....and I can camp in it....and as a tow truck it will be invaluable and a money maker for my business
chevy g20.jpg

Not bad looking for the money . whats the milage? whats the towing capacity on something like that? i never looked at one but have seen a few people towing with 3/4 tons. camping convience is a major bonus i typically sleep in the truck bed i hate the tent thing it always rains on me :censor:

115,000 original,the AC works and its relatively clean for a 20 year old chevy....not sure of the towing capacity....I was trying to cover alot of bases with this thing ....seeing as it makes my 4th vehicle:rolleyes:......i had to pull alot of excuses past the misses

So Im figurin I can make a few bucks here and there doin service tows and also we can use it to go to places like the lake,the beach,the drive-in,etc......and itll make an RV of sorts for short wheeling trips and pull the FJ....hopefully

Well after a look over I think the rear axle is fawked up

Its a 10 bolt 1/2 ton geared 3.42.......it starts howling around 35mph quits whn im in it hard or coasting......got a set of 3.73's with a master install kit so that outta fix it up

On better news it runs great,leaks nothing and a non working temp gauge turned out to be a disconnected wire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom