My new 1994 FZJ80 is stalling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

intake tube

I had the same issue on my 93

Hondo said:
Having some decent mechanical skills, it only took me about half an hour to change it out.

Would those mechanical skills mean you're double jointed with skinny arms and kids hands?

The Pesky Heater Hose name came from 80sCool. I can't recall who gave it that name; perhaps Norm or another Aussie.

-B-

A little bit of non authoritative recollection leads me to believe that a lister named Doug Miller (!) gets first credit for the term "pesky hose", but an old timer named Jack Nichols gets credit for subsequently coining "pesky heater hose".

Thanks, Rich but I'll defer to the 80s Cool list for the originator of this term. No recollection of who it was, but I have now changed them on 3 different 80s and the name fits!

DougM

Rich said:
but an old timer named Jack Nichols gets credit for subsequently coining "pesky heater hose".

I remember Jack I think. He was the guy that sold me finally on an OME lift. His words were simply 'Do it .. you'll love it!' . And I did ...

Great guy. Anyone know what happened to him? Is he on this list?

TY

Quick update, I have driven the truck about 500 miles since I first posted on this issue, with zero stalling or engine stumbling issues. I did check out the air intake hose, it was still soft and pliable without any cracks in it at all. I'm still looking into other issues, such as the wireloom at the back of the motor, but at first glance didn't see anything extraordinary. If there is an issue with that wire loom, is it inside of the plastic loom cover and tape?

Thanks again,
Michael

Another update:

Today (Sunday), the truck stalled out again several times, all while it was sitting/idling in park. When I got home I parked the truck and left it running and then spent about five minutes poking and prodding and pulling at the wiring harness that drops into the backside of the intake manifold. There were no misses, no stumbles, and it didn't die. It seems to me that the wiring harness going to that area isn't the cause of my problem, although i'm going to test it again in the next day or two. Are there any other tests I can do on the wiring harness to determine if that actually is the cause of my problems?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael,

Have you replaced the fuel filter?

-B-

I replaced it a little over a week ago, just after it first stalled out on me. Is it possible that the new one is getting plugged also? As I mentioned in my first post, this bit of stalling that I've been having lately seems to be more of an electrical issue, but I could be wrong. ;) When its stalled lately, it starts right back up with no delay. Also, when it has stalled while rolling down the road (as in tach drops to zero rpm), it has been able to restart itself (as in no turn of the key)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom