My new 1/36th scale LOSI Micro-T Desert truck (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Threads
Got a new toy. My kid and I are in to RC Cars and i just got an indoor electric truck to run at a local track this winter. It's a LOSI Micro-T desert Truck. It goes 10 MPH now but I plan on putting in a brush less motor and a Lithium Polymer (LIPO) battery this winter to double the speed. My son has a 1/36th scale buggy from LOSI and he has done that and he can go 21 MPH!. It's smoking fast for a truck that's is only as big as the palm of your hand. Costs about $90.00 to start. With the new battery motor and speed control, add about another$120.00.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0233
Mini-T.jpg
desert truck.jpg
desert truck open.jpg

that's sweet!

I've got the Losi Crawler and it's a blast...keep eyeing up their speed toys tho, maybe I'll buy one for myself for Christmas....hehe

hhmmm...and the 1/18th mini-desert is only $129....hhhmmmm

That's the one...BIG fan....locked solid axles, coilovers, true 4-link....zero adjustments to get it to crawl nicely right outta the box.

I've had a blast with it....

In action in Clayton with Josh driving....
IH8MUD Photo Gallery - Green Acres in Clayton OK

normal_DSC_9929_%28Large%29.JPG

My Son started an RC club at his high school. He conceived the idea, did all the paperwork/ red tape, pitched it to the student council and got a teacher to be a chaperon for the meetings. he even talked to the Manager of our favorite RC store and got him to sponsor the club. I am EXTREMELY proud of him!. He is just finishing his latest upgrade to his Micro-T. He put a Xcelorin brush-less system with a Max-Amps 2-cell Lipo (Lithium Polymer) battery. He just got a Spektrum 2.4 GHZ radio system. We have machined aluminum oil-filled shocks and he has machined aluminum rear hubs and he has threaded axles. The car will go 21 mph. (verified by counting his digital video and counting the 30 frames per second over a known distance. Mine will go 9 mph but I plan on upgrading the motor and battery too, His motor/battery upgrade cost about $100.00. So with the cost of the truck plus upgrades, so far it is worth about $200.00. You can look at our videos on youtube. They are mostly of our nitro rustlers. LINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYODHCb06q4
Here is another Video. I am the blue car doing the double back flips. My son is the red/multi colored car and his friend Blake has the blue revo 3.3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f4QhZTDiaw

Last edited:
That's cool!

:cheers:

Hey Woody, You got me convinced! I picked up a blue Losi Mini Crawler sunday. That thing is awesome. I'll post some pics later.

well thanks to you me and a buddy ended up buying 2 of these kits got the brushless and esp.now just need to get the servo and receiver.
174250.jpg

Got a new toy. My kid and I are in to RC Cars and i just got an indoor electric truck to run at a local track this winter. It's a LOSI Micro-T desert Truck. It goes 10 MPH now but I plan on putting in a brush less motor and a Lithium Polymer (LIPO) battery this winter to double the speed. My son has a 1/36th scale buggy from LOSI and he has done that and he can go 21 MPH!. It's smoking fast for a truck that's is only as big as the palm of your hand. Costs about $90.00 to start. With the new battery motor and speed control, add about another$120.00.
Losi: 1/36 Micro-Desert Truck RTR: Losi (LOSB0233)

COOL

well thanks to you me and a buddy ended up buying 2 of these kits got the brushless and esp.now just need to get the servo and receiver.
174250.jpg

they are contagious , be warned

nice truck.this is the best micro losi product that i have ever had.this truck is great fun and very powerful truck.this truck seems to be very durable.i love it

I haven't gotten mine out in ages. When the tires dryrot enough to remove them you can use cheap foam bicycle handlebar grips to make indoor drift tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom