My Dual Battery Setup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hear ya, I've been looking for that kind of digital voltmeter setup for a long time, something that looks nice but not obtrusive like the big green LCD displays you can get on eBay. I'd even settle for a single small display with a toggle switch to go between the main and house, although a stack with both would be best. Let us know if you ever find one...

Instead of rigging a stock button to control the solenoid, I decided to make it look like what it is. I can manually combine the batteries, disconnect them, or automatically combine them based on alternator output. I tucked the switch back a bit so that you don’t see it unless you look for it, but it’s still easy to reach.

Sorry for the misfire with that previous post. I was trying to figure out how to include my first quote in a reply ! A complete whif!!?!?!?

Here is what I really wanted to send:

Step 3 - Do the switches

Instead of rigging a stock button to control the solenoid, I decided to make it look like what it is. I can manually combine the batteries, disconnect them, or automatically combine them based on alternator output. I tucked the switch back a bit so that you don’t see it unless you look for it, but it’s still easy to reach.

I am leaning pretty heavily on this thread to design my dual bat installation. However I am trying to get the interior look & feel as close to OEM as possible. tech_dog referrs to " . . .rigging a stock button . . . "

Can anybody post p/n & pics of interior switching controls for a dual battery system with something of an OEM feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom