My daughter's 4-runner in body shop. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was there even surf that day :D I've got a spare skooter sitting at the house - good for getting back and forth to classes. Ha!

Seriously folks - Jim tells me the other day his daughter got in a wreck. I ask which one, he says oldest - this is like what the 4th time? You really gotta feel for the guy - accidents do happen, and I agree with the cell phone issue - but it's dangerous as heck driving down here in South Florida - period - absolute nightmare :mad: . I can see Jim and Madelyn quaking now as the youngest starts driving - mine turns 15 this March - thinks he's going to get to drive the Cruiser to school during daylight hours - that's gonna be a hoot.

Get everything you can get your hands on. Similar year, condition, and mileage. Gather all reciepts, if any, for new tires, battery, etc.

traderonline, edmunds, nada, cars, kbb

bring it all to the table, KNOW what is fair, back it up, and you will do fine.

That's my plan, CC. my body shop guy has been a great help in the past. Still waiting to hear from the Ins. Co.

I'll let you know what happens.

Sputnik40 said:
mine turns 15 this March - thinks he's going to get to drive the Cruiser to school during daylight hours - that's gonna be a hoot.[/SIZE]

Just teach him good, Bill. Your highly-modified rig may be a little too much to handle for Brandon at first, kinda like giving him a high performance Camero, or somethin'......:D

BTW, Tell him he can feel free to call me if he gets it stuck :flipoff2:

My insurance company treated me fairly. Just over $11K after my deductable. Paid for rental, sales tax, tag transfer too. My body shop guy told me $10K would be fair.

Off to buy another 4-Runner..........

Must have been a 3rd gen. There are several nice ones in the classifieds here.

Somehow I knew with your level head, preparation, and knowledge, everything would be fine.

I know many people flame adjusters, but as one myself for many years, and then in management where I only dealt with "problem files", I never saw anyone get the short end.

Congrats, glad it's over, she was OK, and you can move on.

Thanks CC. I did go in prepared as you advised. Everyone at their end was most helpful and really listened. They made the whole thing paiunless. BTW, my carrier is State Farm.

89's: Her truck was a '98. LThere's a dealer in Ft. Lauderdale that deals in clean lease resales, specifically Land Crusiers and 4-Runners. Stopped in there on Monday and he has some good deals and clean trucks. Got the wrecked one from him 2 years ago. Said he will cut me a good deal. Now that I have cash in hand, I'll go see him with my daughter next week. I'll post pics up once we get the new truck.

fair dealings

Capt. Jim said:
My insurance company treated me fairly. Just over $11K after my deductable. Paid for rental, sales tax, tag transfer too. My body shop guy told me $10K would be fair.

Off to buy another 4-Runner..........

Capt'n ain't nobody's fool. :bounce:
The Jolly Roger flies a little higher. :grinpimp: :flamingo:
Arghhhhh....

Capt. Jim said:
Thanks CC. I did go in prepared as you advised. Everyone at their end was most helpful and really listened. They made the whole thing paiunless. BTW, my carrier is State Farm.

89's: Her truck was a '98. LThere's a dealer in Ft. Lauderdale that deals in clean lease resales, specifically Land Crusiers and 4-Runners. Stopped in there on Monday and he has some good deals and clean trucks. Got the wrecked one from him 2 years ago. Said he will cut me a good deal. Now that I have cash in hand, I'll go see him with my daughter next week. I'll post pics up once we get the new truck.

What is that dealer's name if you don't mind me asking? Lots of folks in my company are based in your neck of the woods and there was a guy in FL years ago that would advertise clean lease resale land cruisers with INCREDIBLY low miles. Every time I was down there, I could never get a call answered or message returned.

Don't know if it was even a legit business?? I've always suspected not because his inventory was too good to be true and communication was lacking...

cruiser4life said:
What is that dealer's name if you don't mind me asking? Lots of folks in my company are based in your neck of the woods and there was a guy in FL years ago that would advertise clean lease resale land cruisers with INCREDIBLY low miles. Every time I was down there, I could never get a call answered or message returned.

Don't know if it was even a legit business?? I've always suspected not because his inventory was too good to be true and communication was lacking...

Carsearch USA on Oakland Park Blvd. I belive their website is http://carsearchusa.com/

They have come way down in the last few years. Good luck looking. I love our 3rd gen! Just be sure to get the leather. Cloth looks cheap IMHO.

Glad it all worked out.

Yep, that's definitely it. Like the 97 80 series with diff locks and 27K miles??? Wow!!

I sent a co-worker over there one time (3 or 4 years ago) to look at a few Cruisers I saw on the website and none of the info (miles, options, colors, etc.) matched the web listing. I know, I see the precursory statement on the front page. Wasn't there when I was looking at his inventory but he probably added that after people like me had the experience I did. Don't know about the no returned calls though...

Glad to know it's a legit business and that you have access to those rides locally!! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom