My 2008 Tundra (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder why mine has leather seats then? Right now it has the stock bilsteins, but I have some take offs from the 1894 edition tundra that will go on since mine are ten years old and worn out. If I come into some extra money I might splurge on the 5100s.

I don't plan on lifting because I want to keep the ride quality and I have enough lifted vehicles lol Trying to for once keep it stock.

A previous owner probably had the dealer install leather. It looks like an SR5 badge on the back door and no chrome mirror caps a Limited would have.

Yeah I personally wouldn’t lift it if you want stock. They perform just fine that way.

FWIW I found some 4Runner SR5’s with leather seats , seat heaters and sunroof on CarMax. 5 th generation. I found a few. Maybe a special run every once in a while for Runner and Tundra ?

FWIW I found some 4Runner SR5’s with leather seats , seat heaters and sunroof on CarMax. 5 th generation. I found a few. Maybe a special run every once in a while for Runner and Tundra ?

Maybe a port installed option. Sometimes Toyota does some weird stuff. When the ‘14s came out I remember reading some had Gibson tailpipes on them at the port (maybe a supply issue or maybe something else).

Haven’t had a Tundra in a few years but the 07-09s were a little nicer; at the SR5 level at least. The SR5 had puddle lamps, extra seat pockets, LEDs in the cupholders, and you could get the leather wrapped steering wheel (I think it came with the JBL package). Maybe some other stuff...

The LC200 is derived a good bit off of the 07 Tundra but the Tundra has a larger 10.5 rear axle and larger brakes. That’s the differences I know of besides that I think the LC200 has more corrosive resistant misc undercarriage components and some other redundancy engineering and special LC stuff. Different vehicle but share a lot of engineering.

A previous owner probably had the dealer install leather. It looks like an SR5 badge on the back door and no chrome mirror caps a Limited would have.

Yeah I personally wouldn’t lift it if you want stock. They perform just fine that way.
Mine is 100% an SR5 but it’s facotry leather from what I can tell. It could actually be synthetic leather, but it’s super hard to tell.

Or an add on option?

Mine is 100% an SR5 but it’s facotry leather from what I can tell. It could actually be synthetic leather, but it’s super hard to tell.

Interesting but I bet they are aftermarket or swapped in. Dealer might have found that easier than swapping the fabric factory covers if it needed new ones.

Is the steering wheel stitched leather and does it have JBL? Mine had that and I don’t really remember seeing many SR5 with that, might have had a leather shifter handle too but not 100% sure.

Anyway, good trucks kinda miss mine sometimes.

No leather in wheel or shifter. Not sure on jbl however I don’t recall ever seeing any badge for it. Did sr5 come with the premium rims? Also mine is a trd package, could that have anything to do with it?

The Trd came with bilsteins and unique wheels on both SR5 and limited.

Correct me if I am wrong but JBL has a sub, components up front, and JBL on the radio face on the top left written in Gold or Silver.

Anyway i would toss in a leather steering wheel, TRD shifter (rock warrior standard), and the Kicker speaker kit if it didn’t come with JBL. All cheap and easy.

Updates after recent work: All is with 87 Octane from various gas stations

Before tune up:

2/06/18 165 miles, 12.74 Gals, 12.95 MPG

2/13/18 143.7 miles, 11.044 Gals, 13.01 MPG

3/4/18 305 miles, 21.701 Gals, 14.05 MPG

Lost a few receipts in here, but I remember one was 12 MPG (I'll try to locate it)

After diffs, tcase, spark plugs:

3/31/18 292.6 miles, 20.994 Gals, 13.9 MPG (midway changed PCV valve)

4/6/ 18 196.5 miles, 13.452 Gals, 14.6 MPG

I also had Toyota do a transmission flush, cleaning, and fresh synthetic trans fluid for $242.00. I didn't want to mess with the computer, trans temp, etc. I felt for $242 it was worth it. I have noticeably smoother shifting now.

Yeah Toyota does cheap maintenance on those. I remember like $27 oil changes ($40 with tire rotation) and $180 per axle full brake job. Can’t beat that even doing it at home.

Yeah Toyota does cheap maintenance on those. I remember like $27 oil changes ($40 with tire rotation) and $180 per axle full brake job. Can’t beat that even doing it at home.
Some of the other services were kind of steep. I'll post up some numbers they gave me on other services that I will be doing myself.

$27 oil changes would be great, but they quoted me $130ish so I do them on my own now.

I went ahead and flushed my power steering pump. The fluid was a bit nasty looking and I didn't want to pay the dealer price for that service so I bought a $13 fluid extractor on amazon, then did a process I saw online.

Basically I pulled the fluid out of the reservoir, refilled it with fresh fluid, drove around until the new fluid was mixed in, then repeated that cycle till I had mixed in a new full quart. I plan to drive this week and then do it a few more times over the next couple weeks; I figured if I added flushed out / mixed in 2-3 quarts of new fluid then I have all the old fluid out at that point. I could have disconnected lines, but I didn't want to go that far and make a big mess in my driveway. Oh, how living in the city has changed my life lol.

That’s the way to do it, I wouldn’t break the lines.

I guess I was fortunate at my old dealer with service costs. Makes me want to get another Toyota, I may look when the LC200 and Tundra is updated whenever that happens. For the record my 08 Tundra was a great truck.

Before and after power steering; I went back with a full synthetic dex III fluid.

B4DAF957-C6B3-446B-AB6E-9F6FFAE641B6.jpeg
15292D59-1215-422E-9A40-962A1F604E3D.jpeg

I need to do some of this Misc to my 2011 F250 gas truck. Been a fairly great truck but getting some mileage on it now.

When you are ready for shocks I do not suggest doing a big level on it. I had my Bilstein 5100s on the middle setting and ran 295/65/18 Duratracs on it and it look damn perfect. It was right under 2 inches of lift, that keeps your angles appropriate. Maybe like 1.5-1.75 inches. Wish I could find the pics.

If you were close to Houston I would sell you those tires cheap as we took them off when I sold it, I coincidentally had an almost new set of 275/70/18 Michelin AT2 off my F250 work truck and he wanted those.

I was in a rush the other day and filled up at Wawa.... great gas station for snacks, but subpar gas. I'm a little under half a tank and averaging around 12 mpg on my gauge. I put some lucus fuel system cleaner in when I filled up, surely this wouldn't drop my mpg??

Anyway, I'll refuel at my regular sunoco and see what happens. As for my driving it's been about the usual mix of stop and go, short trips, that it always is.

This is the cleaner I put in:

upload_2018-4-19_11-9-29.png

Also, I have a used A.R.E. camper shell locked down. It came off of a 2007 Double Cab and I plan to pick it up Monday afternoon/evening. It's a timberland green, but for price I can't complain. It seems finding a used camper shell for a tundra is like finding a unicorn!

I've heard it is easier to buy new since the painting to match is more than the camper is worth. I've looked but became a big fan of the hard trifold bedcover because of weight, really light and works great.

MPG isn't that great on these.

I've heard it is easier to buy new since the painting to match is more than the camper is worth. I've looked but became a big fan of the hard trifold bedcover because of weight, really light and works great.

MPG isn't that great on these.

I was getting close to 14 mpg on sunoco, same price as Wawa.

I don't mind if the color is off a little. Worst case I don't like it and I can go flat black or gray and call it done. If I do it myself I'll make out okay.

Oh to put it into perspective, good, bad, or whatever mileage. I lost 14.28% going to Wawa... the next refill should be revealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom