Builds My 1996 Triple Locked FJ80 Land Cruiser Overland Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I've been a long time lurker on Ih8mud since I was in high school! Fast forward half a decade, I am finally modifying our family's FJ80 Land Cruiser. The car has been in the family since new with factory lockers and currently has 101k miles on the car. My dad purchased the car in 1996 and babied the car its whole life! He loved it so much that he purchased 2018 Lexus LX570, but he says the FJ80 is still better! As the car aged, the paint on the roof started to fade and my dad thought it would be appropriate to start modifying it the way he always envisioned it.

Back in February of 2020, we dropped off the car at our local paint shop to get the entire car repainted back to OEM standards. That mean't pulling out the windshield and all the doors to get a good finish. The car ended up being stuck at the paint shop for 6 months due to Covid-19 and the workers not wanting to go back to work. While the car was stuck at the paint shop, I purchased a lot of OEM parts to begin restoring the car. All the seals and window moldings on the car were in amazing condition and none of the rubber was hard. However, since we plan to keep the car for a long time, all the rubber seals and moldings were replaced. Along with OEM moldings, I also purchased some JDM FJ80 parts such as the moonroof visor piece, hood emblem, and the third parking mirror.

As for modifications, we mainly went for the tried and true parts for the Land Cruiser. An OME medium duty lift kit was chosen to help bring adequate clearance off the ground, and to hold up the ARB Front Bumper that we purchased. We didn't purchase a rear bumper yet, but will be doing so towards the end of the build. To protect the rocker panels from damage, Slee sliders were purchased. For the wheels and tire set up, I came across a set of JAOS Victron Ziga wheels BNIB which I quickly snatched up. My dad always wanted those wheels, so I purchased it for him as a gift! Due to the wheels being 16inch, tire choices are quite limited, so I might end up going with BFgoodrich K02s. I am running these tires on my 2nd Gen Tacoma and seem to have excellent traction as well as life. Here are some pictures of the Land Cruiser!

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

The Rear over fenders are currently not installed due to the fact that I am waiting for the OEM rubber strip to come in before reattaching them! Also need to bring the car to a proper photoshoot, sorry for the terrible angles. I will also be documenting the build of this Land Cruiser on my YouTube channel where I also make videos on my other cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom