1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting the AA TC and Engine mounts

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by runitca, Feb 25, 2007.

1. runitca

runitca

I was wondering if someone can tell me where to mount the AA engine mounts for the Vortec and where to mount the TC mount on the frame.
    I am running the Vortec+4l60E+ AAHex adapter+AATC adapter+TC.
    I didn't the install directions and the TC adapter is in the mail and I would like to finish the welding so I can get the frame to the Powdercoaters.

Thank you:crybaby:

2. jackbrad

jackbrad

You should wait and mock it up a few times before you weld it in.. Everyone's is different.

3. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  4. lone gunman

lone gunman

i have to agree, wait till you have it all and test fit it several times first. its like the old saying measure twice and cut once.

5. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

6. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

But as other's have said wait until you can mock up the motor a few times before you make a weld.

7. runitca

runitca

Thank you,
    I would rather wait but this is a frame off and I am buying parts as I need them and I don't know when I will be getting the rest of the body parts to properly mock the engine placement up it is a 2003 vortec and the other reason is a friend is doing the sandblasting and coating for me at his job but the plant is laying him of in two weeks so I don't have a large window to do the mock up.

8. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

In the pics that I posted, please make sure the center of the motor mount on the engine side, is 12". BTW the motor mounts I used were from advanced adapters.

Good luck...

9. runitca

runitca

Just need the placement for the Transfer caes bracket? for a 4L60E does anyone have that measurment?
    I have the 12" to the middle of the engine bracket from the front shock tower... but where do I mount the cross member??
    Thanks again for everyones help.