Motor Mount Position (2F) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone tell me, or show me, how the motor mounts should be positioned for re-installation of the 2F? I didn't take note when I took the motor out and the mounts are multi-directional.

FILTHY.... BUT here ya go..

J

P1010205.JPG
P1010195.JPG

LOL...the rubber mounts...should have clarified. There is no indication of how they are supposed to be installed (up/down/front/back).

Motor mounts have the bigger piece O metal above the smaller piece. And if that doesn't make any sense, see pics below.

Probably doesn't make any difference.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hmmm.... where there are weld ells, there are often... TURBOS!

heh

t

(dropping in a rebuilt this morning and double checking this)..... that's the way I have seen them all, but.....if you look at a schematic on SOR for '80 to '87 it looks like the mounts are actually rotated 90 degrees from "Output Shaft's" pictures, with the long axis of the mount being perpendicular to the long axis of the motor.....hmmm

@BluewaltFJ60
The photos above of OS’s motor mounts show the position they were in when the car was brand new shipped from the factory on a ‘86.

When I replaced mine I too hemmed & hawed as to what is the ideal orientation — and the conclusion I came to is that it doesn’t matter. Any way you install them will be fine.
I opted to orient them the way they originally were.

Here’s the Toyota drawing. Not much help really.
Also SOR’s drawings are not always the correct drawing.

628FBF78-DD19-4A56-96DF-4C0D6A319B2D.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom