Motor ID Tag / VIN Plate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My motor was replaced by Lexus dealer with a used motor. The original motor was overheated in a towing situation by a PO. My motor has 2 TB stickers on it and I am trying to figure out if they are to the original motor or the one in the truck. One sticker is at 98k and the other at 127k. The motor was replaced at 133k. The Lexus owner site does not show anything about the mileage of the used motor and it does not show that the TB was ever replaced. So, I am hoping that there is a tag somewhere with an ID# that I can look up what vehicle the motor came out of. Suggestions?

No info on this? I am used to Euro cars where everything has the VIN on it. Any help is appreciated

Where are the stickers you found? On the plastic stuff that goes on top of the motor or on the motor itself?
If it were me and there was a possibility that it was not done, I would find a local independant shop that is familiar with 4 runners and have them do a full timing belt / water pump job for peace of mind.

One was on the silver cover over both banks and the other was on the intake tube. I am hoping to find out what the VIN was from the donor vehicle so I can look it up on the lexus site.

If it was on the plastic pieces that are easy enough to remove I would assume it is from your original engine and was carried over to finish fitment with the new engine. I would plan on doing a t belt and water pump.

I looked again and the sticker on the silver cover reads 127,457 on 8/14 and the motor was replaced at the same time and mileage. So, should I assume it was done when they replaced the motor?

I may be wrong, but the water pump and timing belt don’t stay with the engine...meaning if they changed the timing belt and water pump first and then realized that they needed to change the engine...would they actually bring the old timing belt and water pump?

There is no mention of a timing belt or water pump in the lexus service history, ever. So my thought is that Lexus did the TB as a preemptive measure when installing a used engine knowing that the TB is the only thing that could cost them money and have to replace the engine again. And when doing so, the tech put on the sticker as usual.

The fact that the TB sticker matches the date and mileage of the engine swap makes me think it was done. Maybe forgot to log it in the system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom