Morrison Jeep Trail - NW Wyoming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody in NW Wyoming or Montana interested in running The Morrison Jeep Trail in the next few weeks? I'm trying to get a group together.

Hi all,

Wyoclimber, tell us more about this trail!

Regards,

Alan

The Trail goes through the Clark's Fork Canyon in the Beartooth Mountains. Bottom to top is about 20 miles and the crux is climbing out of the canyon (3000 feet in 2 miles). I hear the switchbacks are 3 point turns in a full size vehicle like a Cruiser and a spotter is a definite requirement. Lots of loose rock, some sand at the bottom and some decent boulders (nothing too wild) up on top of the Beartooth Plateau. I grew up in the area and I've ridden the trail on a mountain bike, but I've never driven it. Views are absolutely spectacular and fishing in the canyon is world class. The guys from the Expedition Overland show did it with a 100 series towing a trailer (which had to be a challenge) in their first season, Ep. 5. Good footage on their site. Plenty of other trails in the Beartooths for those wanting to do a longer trip. And if there are any climbers out there who like to wheel, there are some pretty amazing Alpine routes in the area.

One of my buddies is heading up there this weekend.

I am definitely interested in doing it sometime, but more interested in accessing alpine climbing routes in the beartooths.

I'm interested, had this trail on a list to drive. Would like to make it happen. My schedule is pretty fluid, weekends and weekdays work for Me. Just post up some dates that you'd like to make it happen.

I will try to put a trip together and I'll keep you posted. Couple of Cruiser owners ran it last week and sounds like the trip was a blast.

Hey guys any chance of a follow up trip? I just moved to Montana and I have to start over finding trails and riding buddies.

Hey guys any chance of a follow up trip? I just moved to Montana and I have to start over finding trails and riding buddies.

406 cruisers will do the morrison in july/ early aug. ive gone twice and what an amazing time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom