Mojave Road after Thanksgiving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many spots are available? I’m probably good on my own but I mentioned it to a friend, who, if allowed, would want to join

‘This is odd, you guys posted and I didn’t see anything.. Yea we have room. If you want to go I can add u to the discussion group.

The trip was a blast. Final count was 4 vehicles. Weather was nice although the first night was a bit cold with a biting breeze. We met at the Laughlin River Lodge Friday night and started the trail around 9:30 am Saturday. Exited the trail on Tuesday around 11am at Afton Canyon.
The group was fantastic and I hope to meet up with everyone again.

Bridge Train web.jpg

Yep, what a blast ! Great trails, perfect weather, fantastic group and the most excellent tour leader; we lacked for nothing.

Hope and trust we can do this again in the new year.....

Happy Holidays to you all !

8AA973FE-2C29-4A9F-A654-91FF90677334.jpeg
EB5372F4-42DF-43C7-95AC-AD71A9D27E2B.jpeg
22A3A100-5AEC-452C-806B-BE4173160350.jpeg

I was following your thread and was disappointed I couldn’t make your dates. Looks like it was a fun trip.

You guys know this trail far better than I. I’m looking at driving the MR in February (west to east) and was wondering if these postings from the NPS present an issue with through travel?

Thanks,

devo

The Kelso Depot is a nice side track. We didn't go there due to our time constraint. I didn't know if it would have been open. Its about 40 mins off the route. Hole in the wall is another side track. The campground and visitor center being closed are no problem. You park in the picnic area around the corner from the visitor center and hike through Hole in the Wall. I don't camp there. ZZyzx I have never been to and we missed the turn for it. I would have liked to go there.

Those areas will have no real effect on your trip. Do you have dates for your trip yet?

The Kelso Depot is very well done.....but likely still Covid-closed. That said, if you want to avoid the whooped-out section along Marl Springs portion, it is a good detour and you can catch Kelso Dunes and re-join the Road at 17 mile point or thereabouts

Last edited:
The Kelso Depot is a nice side track. We didn't go there due to our time constraint. I didn't know if it would have been open. Its about 40 mins off the route. Hole in the wall is another side track. The campground and visitor center being closed are no problem. You park in the picnic area around the corner from the visitor center and hike through Hole in the Wall. I don't camp there. ZZyzx I have never been to and we missed the turn for it. I would have liked to go there.

Those areas will have no real effect on your trip. Do you have dates for your trip yet?
Spent time at Zzyzx while in grad school at the research center doing reptile work. Drove The Road sometime in 82-84 (?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom