Modifications help/advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2014 dual cab 79 as a work vehicle with the side idea of having a little bit of fun with it on occasion too. I've begun adding some bits and pieces, mainly work orientated.

I'd like to get some advice or ideas on what to plan for or some useful additions/modifications since I'm pretty new to it all and probably pretty ignorant of alot of considerations or commonly known thing's to do.

I bought it pretty stock, just an ARB bullbar on it.

So far I've done the following, most of which are work related or things I believed were good ideas
winch, UHF, bash plates, permenant canopy, driving lights, in car winch controls, towing controller, rear view camera, diff/trans and transfer case breathers and some other minor things like cup holders too.

I plan to do the following in the near future
Exhaust, tune, GVM+2", upgrade some steering elements, roof top tent, solar rig, dual bay batt

I'm trying to keep it as practical as possible as the daily driver for work while being able to have some fun on weekends as well, it gets loaded up decently heavy for work and I'd ideally like to shove more gear in the canopy. It has factory E lockers, and I don't really plan on upgrading things like that unless they break, which, might not take that long but who knows, I've already bent and replaced the drag link and steering damper, before putting the bag plates on... As I said, pretty inexperienced and ignorant of most things, any advice on things to look out for or good idea mods are greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased a 2014 dual cab 79 as a work vehicle with the side idea of having a little bit of fun with it on occasion too. I've begun adding some bits and pieces, mainly work orientated.

I'd like to get some advice or ideas on what to plan for or some useful additions/modifications since I'm pretty new to it all and probably pretty ignorant of alot of considerations or commonly known thing's to do.

I bought it pretty stock, just an ARB bullbar on it.

So far I've done the following, most of which are work related or things I believed were good ideas
winch, UHF, bash plates, permenant canopy, driving lights, in car winch controls, towing controller, rear view camera, diff/trans and transfer case breathers and some other minor things like cup holders too.

I plan to do the following in the near future
Exhaust, tune, GVM+2", upgrade some steering elements, roof top tent, solar rig, dual bay batt

I'm trying to keep it as practical as possible as the daily driver for work while being able to have some fun on weekends as well, it gets loaded up decently heavy for work and I'd ideally like to shove more gear in the canopy. It has factory E lockers, and I don't really plan on upgrading things like that unless they break, which, might not take that long but who knows, I've already bent and replaced the drag link and steering damper, before putting the bag plates on... As I said, pretty inexperienced and ignorant of most things, any advice on things to look out for or good idea mods are greatly appreciated.
998EFACB-C564-45AC-BF03-2E599A53F01C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom