Modification to Intake Manifold for Engine Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jan 2, 2024
Threads
35
Messages
223
Location
Houston, TX
Here and there while going through this forum, I have noticed a few recommendations for removing a section of the intake manifold between the 4th and 5th cylinders in order to allow the manifold to be removed prior to removing the large engine cable. I am at the point in my engine rebuild so I can easily do this. The question is, are there any potential downsides to this modification?
 
No. I was the first person that I know of in the US to do this in 2007.

1216071209.webp
 
I cut my intake manifold but at a different location.
Not my picture but exactly what I did.
1787495577652.webp
 
Very nice information. Thanks guys! I will be doing this today or tomorrow.

After feeding the cable through a couple of different times, I thought about cutting mine where @lumbee1 has cut his.
Decided it wasn't really that big a deal and decided not to cut it.

I'd be more reluctant to cut it where @OGBeno has, just because you're removing some clamping pressure on a gasket joint.
 
After feeding the cable through a couple of different times, I thought about cutting mine where @lumbee1 has cut his.
Decided it wasn't really that big a deal and decided not to cut it.

I'd be more reluctant to cut it where @OGBeno has, just because you're removing some clamping pressure on a gasket joint.

Never had issues for another decade afterwards until I scrapped the truck.
 
Back
Top Bottom