Modernizing KZ78JZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! Soon to be owner of a RHD Prado. Mainly because I wanted a family hauler. Been searching around for reverse camera, since my other half might be driving around the car with the kids.
Wondering if you guys had any luck getting a reverse camera installed? Best location to install?

Hi all! Soon to be owner of a RHD Prado. Mainly because I wanted a family hauler. Been searching around for reverse camera, since my other half might be driving around the car with the kids.
Wondering if you guys had any luck getting a reverse camera installed? Best location to install?
I installed the camera itself, attached to the license plate light/shroud. It has the benefit of being semi protected from the elements and the wiring can just follow the electrical for the lights. It connects to a new head unit I had installed. Works great!

Here's a photo of the location.

1606A3C5-A50F-47AD-B61A-7D6D0E875B9A.jpeg

I turned it just a touch and get a pretty full view. I Would not use it as the sole method of backing up, but it works well as a supplement. You might be able to get a full rear end view mounting to the top brake light, but I was afraid it would interfere with the door and I didn't want to mess with the headliner to route the cables.

image.jpg

I turned it just a touch and get a pretty full view. I Would not use it as the sole method of backing up, but it works well as a supplement. You might be able to get a full rear end view mounting to the top brake light, but I was afraid it would interfere with the door and I didn't want to mess with the headliner to route the cables.

View attachment 2780564
Not a bad view. Most def still doable. Thanks! Clears up alot on my mind. Cant wait for mine to come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom