Mirror Adjustmemt Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where I can buy an adjustment motor for one of my mirrors? Up/down adjustment stopped working on my passenger mirror. After disassembly I found the one motor doesn't move when hooked up to 12V.

Part number on the motor is:
FK-130RD
VN425517

I didnt have any luck Google searching. I could find a similar motor, but the contacts are in a different location and they do not have the gear. I do not think the gear is removable to transfer to a new motor.

If anyone has an old mirror that would be willing to disassemble and sell the part let me know and we can work something out.

I appreciate any help.

Adam

20211003_133015.jpg

For anyone else having a similar issue, I was able to go to the local junk yard and found 99-00 es300 that had the same adjustment motors. The gear on the shaft was removable so I swapped that over. Only cost me $2.

All is good now.

How does the shaft looks like? Any chance to post a picture?

I am not sure I know what ya mean. The shaft without the gear end is splined, @nissanh
I see. can we see a picture? This might help others to find a motor. Most motors are same sized, but the variation is at the shaft. Thanks!

I followed this from another post to get the little motor out of the mirror housing.

Screenshot_20210918-195246_Chrome.jpg

You remove the white plastic part in this picture after you get the mirror off. Remove the front cover of the black housing behind it to expose the motors. Follow the instructions above to get to them.

20211003_125143.jpg

I removed each motor from those housing to test by hooking up to a battery. One spun, the other didn't. There are two small contacts on the motor.

20211003_225352.jpg

I am not sure where the confusion is. Unless you guys are referring to a different component when you say motor and shaft.

The picture in my first post is one of the mirror adjustment motors with the shaft on the end. These motors are located in the black housing behind the side mirror glass. I posted instructions on the disassembly.

I'm willing to help, just confused as to what you are asking.

I see. can we see a picture? This might help others to find a motor. Most motors are same sized, but the variation is at the shaft. Thanks!
That's what she said!

I am not sure where the confusion is. Unless you guys are referring to a different component when you say motor and shaft.

The picture in my first post is one of the mirror adjustment motors with the shaft on the end. These motors are located in the black housing behind the side mirror glass. I posted instructions on the disassembly.

I'm willing to help, just confused as to what you are asking.
I am not sure I know what ya mean. The shaft without the gear end is splined, @nissanh
I am not sure where the confusion is either. The motor has 2 ends, it shouldn't be too difficult to understand what the other end of the motor means from your picture. Your first picture shows the plastic gear but not the shaft with gear removed. Can you please post picture of the splined shaft end?

I am not sure where the confusion is either. The motor has 2 ends, it shouldn't be too difficult to understand what the other end of the motor means from your picture. Your first picture shows the plastic gear but not the shaft with gear removed. Can you please post picture of the splined shaft end?

The splined shaft end is simply that - a shaft with splines. If you Google search the part number I posted you can view a motor without the gear on it (I provided a image from a search below) . I don't see the value of digging through the trash for the old one I tossed.

I am wondering what value this shaft end provides since you need it with a gear on it to move the mirror.

Screenshot_20211004-160319_Chrome.jpg

Part number on the motor is:
FK-130RD
VN425517

I didnt have any luck Google searching.
The splined shaft end is simply that - a shaft with splines. If you Google search the part number I posted you can view a motor without the gear on it (I provided a image from a search below) . I don't see the value of digging through the trash for the old one I tossed.

I would have Google'd it if you didn't say you didn't have any good luck Google searching in your first post.

I am wondering what value this shaft end provides since you need it with a gear on it to move the mirror.
This will allow me and others to find a motor with right splines and length to fit the gear. If you know how to find the right motor from your first picture, then please let us know how.

Ok, thanns. The shaft is more of a square correct?

I would have Google'd it if you didn't say you didn't have any good luck Google searching in your first post.

This will allow me and others to find a motor with right splines and length to fit the gear. If you know how to find the right motor from your first picture, then please let us know how.
I originally asked if anyone knew where I could purchase the part. I said I could find similar motors, but the electrical contacts were different.

In post 2 I stated how I found a replacement that should be easily found at most junk yards. I found it in a 1999 es300. Those model years run from 1997-2001. I figured Lexus used the same adjustment motors on most of their vehicles of that era to cut costs.

Ok, thanns. The shaft is more of a square correct?
No. The shaft is splined. It seems like the FK-130RD motor can come with different shafts. Round, keyed or splined. It is a splined motor in our trucks. You need to have the right electrical terminals which is why I sourced from a other Lexus. If you follow the above posts to disassemble the mirror and remove the motor I think this whole thread will make a lot more sense.

I originally asked if anyone knew where I could purchase the part. I said I could find similar motors, but the electrical contacts were different.

In post 2 I stated how I found a replacement that should be easily found at most junk yards. I found it in a 1999 es300. Those model years run from 1997-2001. I figured Lexus used the same adjustment motors on most of their vehicles of that era to cut costs.

All of these can be avoided if you told us you no longer have the motor for picture earlier instead of questioning the value of the requested picture.

Could also have been avoided if you started to take yours apart to find your issue. It's not that hard. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom