Mini Monster Inverter Added (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished adding a small inverter for electronic babysitters for the kids, as well as other small devices. I got what I think is a pretty good deal on a a Monster "Clean Power" 300/600 unit. Twenty Five bucks, including a hardwire kit (8g). I am in the process on adding two audio amps and a sub in the cargo area, so I pulled 0 guage wire to the back...I figured if I wanted to add a larger inverter in the future, it made sense to pull the large wire now.

Anyway, back to the small unit. I mounted it between the center console and the DS seat, facing rearwards. I mounted it to a small peice of carpeted MDF, as the unit was slightly too large to mount in that location without interfering with the emergency brake. I ran the 8 guage Monster power cable back to the battery, with an inline 35A fuse...and used a 8 guage ground cable connected to a ring terminal which is sandwiched between the DS rear left seat mounting bolt and the floor. Yes... I sanded down to bare metal, and applied an anticorrosion paste. The inverter does have a remote turn on wire like an audio amp, which I ran into the engine bay and connected the the main power feed (so its always on). I could have just jumpered to the positive line in at the inverter, but I wanted to the option of connecting it to an accessory feed if im so inclined.

So here it is, small but appropriate for my needs.
INV3SM.JPG
INV1SM.JPG
INV2SM.JPG

Bought it a local store in RI called Ocean State Job Lot. It's a kind of discount/overrun store. It reminds of Big Lots (or a big Garage Sale!) They have, I beleive 4 more on the shelf. In looking at this unit on the web, I found prices from $40 to $120??? The unit is a discontinued model (I actually couldnt find any inverters on Monsters website, so they may not make them anymore) The unit was billed as being "clean power", having stage 1 filtering (whatever that means). It just seemed to be beefy for its ouput, and well built as well. I was also impressed that unit came with such a beefy connection kit, as well as remote turn on lead. The unit is an MCPI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom