midnight misfortune (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
whats up guys...been busy and havent been around much but thought id post up about my latest run....met up with neil and girlfriend drove her cherokee too.so three trucks and firewood go in about 8pm and hang out and about midnight i start goofin around in the bowl area and long story short i misjudge in the dark and launch my truck into a ravine and broke either the trunnion bearings ,steering arm and or knuckle/ball......luckily the wheel stayed functional.....

however when the truck bottomed out the driveshaft came up further than i thought it could and sheared the cooler fittings off the side of the transmission....not the lines but the cast in fittings in the side of the the trans....

got pulled out all the way back to neils house that night by neils cherokee

gonna rebuild my spare front axle housing and swap over to a 5speed trans i got rollin around.....got an idea for a homebuilt line lock using a subaru hillholder valve i got too

heres the only known pic......damn i love AAA

itll be back by March

deadrunner.jpg

well its march so i thought i would post up with an update...

got the front axle torn down and discovered i had bent the outer ball up and back so i salvaged all i could from it and scrapped the housing.....swapped in my spare housing from the 84 pickup i used to have and rebuilt it with a knuckle rebuild kit and new trunnion and wheel bearings....done

along the way i pulled the rest of the defunct A/C system out,cleaned up some wiring issues,swapped my old mud filled cd player out for a new head unit with an I-pod jack,patched a hole in the floor and wheelwell,threw my shocks away and scrapped my rotten OEM gas tank skid

Now on to the 5speed swap,so far ive swapped out the pedal assemblies,gutted the shifter console and started ripping the auto trans out......pictures and more to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom