Middle row seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I have a 1990 80 series

The middle row seats won't click to the floor, what would be stopping them?

Any help would be great thanks. :)

A little bag of gummy bears packed into the recieving pocket...ask me how I know...

Its a super simple mechanical system, theres a spring loaded latch and a hold down bar over a formed pocket.
My guess is you have a stuck latch in the seat that needs cleaning, lubing, maybe some of each to make it function again.

Or the recieving pocket is packed full of kid crumbs.

Last edited:
Sometimes the latches can get "closed" while the seats are folded up. If this happens then when you try to fold the seats back down to the seating position the bar in the floor will just bang on the seat latches and can't go into the latch and trigger the closing of the mechanism.

If this happens case you can fold the seat back up then pull the release strap that you'd normally use to unlatch the seat from the floor to open the latch. You may need to encourage the latch to open with a screwdriver/similar while holding the release strap open.

A little bag of gummy bears packed into the recieving pocket...ask me how I know...

Its a super simple mechanical system, theres a spring loaded latch and a hold down bar over a formed pocket.
My guess is you have a stuck latch in the seat that needs cleaning, lubing, maybe some of each to make it function again.

Or the recieving pocket is packed full of kid crumbs.
Thanks. I'll invest in some WD40 and pray the s*** out of it!

FYI, WD-40 goes gummy and sticky when it dries. I use CRC Power Lube or Marvel Mystry Oil for penatrating oil in the vehical, both have a light pepermint scent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom