Michigan Camping Spots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm taking the family on a road/camping trip from Ga to Michigan in a few weeks. We are pulling our adventure trailer with roof top tent. Our plan is to head up the western side of Michigan along Lake Michigan, see Sleeping Bear, Traverse City then cross into the UP, see Pictured Rocks on our way to Copper Harbor. Im looking for some great camping spots.

1. Specifically a place where we can camp on the shores of Lake Michigan or Superior.
2. Or secluded river spot where kids can play.

It doesn't have to be a camp ground. Our trailer is set up with water and power. Any recommendations or ideas? Currently planning to camp at Sleeping Bear, Pictured Rocks and Copper Harbor. May hit a few hotels in between just to keep the wife and kids happy! Lol Thanks in advance!

We live near Chicago so most of our 2-4 day camping is north or western Illinois or Wisconsin.

In the UP we stayed at AuTrain Lake over the summer in the Hiawatha National Forest, not too far from Pictured Rocks. Nice campground for a state park, wooded and not too close to other sites. No electric but they had a water spigot available to fill your tank. We took the ferry to Grand Island one day and hiked around.

I've heard Search Bay, in the UP just north of Mackinac Island is nice but haven't been there. I've also heard Sleeping Bear is nice, so probably a good call there.

Anywhere up north bring a few cans of deet. I was swarmed something fierce by mosquitoes a few times in the UP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom