Michelin Defender off road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive got LTX and was using them for winter until last year I slipped 100 ft on a patch of ice and spun around like an olypic figure skater. Im trying out some Toyo Observe GSI-5 for this winter. But in michelins defense they were great in snow - just not as ice friendly as i thought it should be.
Were they LTX, or Defender LTX M/S?

Were they LTX, or Defender LTX M/S?

True LTX on my 16 inch stock rims. I grabbed some extra before they discontinued them because finding rubber for 16 inch were getting harder and harder to find. I showed my spare and told the shop to call me if anyone else that didnt use their spares traded them in. So I bought them one at a time until i finally got a full set.

I dont know if id go to the defender that replaced them when I run out.

True LTX on my 16 inch stock rims. I grabbed some extra before they discontinued them because finding rubber for 16 inch were getting harder and harder to find. I showed my spare and told the shop to call me if anyone else that didnt use their spares traded them in. So I bought them one at a time until i finally got a full set.

I dont know if id go to the defender that replaced them when I run out.
You are hella smart! Amazing you were able to squirrel away a full set from castoffs. I had LTX back on my '96 80. Loved them. Cried a sad song when they were discontinued. I guess other folks are enjoying the Defenders based on other threads I am reading. For me on my 100 series they have been really disappointing. Yes - real hard to find good rubber for 16" and I don't want BFGs anymore. That 50-lb. tire hogs mpg and I drive a ton for work. Undecided. Cross-Contact maybe. Might have to slim down to a 265/75/16, but not sure how that will corner compared to stock size 275/70/16.

You are hella smart! Amazing you were able to squirrel away a full set from castoffs. I had LTX back on my '96 80. Loved them. Cried a sad song when they were discontinued. I guess other folks are enjoying the Defenders based on other threads I am reading. For me on my 100 series they have been really disappointing. Yes - real hard to find good rubber for 16" and I don't want BFGs anymore. That 50-lb. tire hogs mpg and I drive a ton for work. Undecided. Cross-Contact maybe. Might have to slim down to a 265/75/16, but not sure how that will corner compared to stock size 275/70/16.

ok now you got me looking.. just need to find rims.

crusin maybe just put an offer out to buy the spare tires from everyone.. for me i know i barely used my spare and those ltx lasted a long time.

Screenshot_20191204-135254_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom