Mechanic in Southern CO? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Colorado gang! Have an issue and hope to pass through your beautiful state soon. Currently over in the Canyon Lands UT area boondocking with the wife and dogs. The 100 series is having the dreaded charcoal cannisster issue. So far it's just a buzzing sound from the cannister area under the hood and strong smell of gas. Lots of vapor when the cap comes off. No CEL lights yet. I started a thread a few days ago in 100 Series tech. It's not at emergency level yet but sorta freaks me out.

Thinking maybe I could point towards the Durango/ Southern Co or even Northern NM area to see about nipping this in the bud with a trusted mechanic. . Thinking heading to the southern parts of the state because I was to avoid anymore high passes. Apparently that really pisses the Cannister off.

Can anyone recommend someone you trust with something like this in Southern CO? Would really appreciate it!

Everyone be safe out there!

Beagle

Maybe try some non ethanol gas till you get it fixed.

Maybe try some non ethanol gas till you get it fixed.
Ya know, I filled up with some in Oregon and I think it might have helped. I’m gonna look for some more forbthe next full up. And a second job to pay for it! Ha! But seriously, good idea. Thanks. I’m gonna try.

Some of the newer maverick gas stations have it.

talked to my buddy Jeff, he said to try loosening the fuel cap. He also said that if the canister is leaking, its a part he doesn't have access to, and the dealership would be the place to go. I sent him more info from above, so we will see what he says.

Jeff said it sounds like a vacuum valve on the canister. Unplug the vacuum hose and electric connector, should allow the pressure to release. Give that a try.
thanks! Heading south into NM. How do I figure out which is vacuum hose? I think I see electric connector. It’s not leaking and I just grabbed a new OEM cap. Don’t think it’s helping. Thank you for the help!

he says...on the top of the carbon canister there is a small valve w/ the electrical connector and a small vacuum hose.

Def see the electrical connection. Lots of things LOOK like they could be the vacuum hose. Hmmmm

84F6EA5C-BF93-4A68-9132-D863D2D713BE.jpeg

Hey guys, reviving an old thread here, my brother is in the Tacoma market and found one in Pueblo and wants to get a pre purchase inspection on it. I've seen ya'lls member Jeff thrown out there on a few threads about a good mechanic in the Pueblo area. Trying to find him online but no luck, any recommendations on getting a hold of him? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom