Me first (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last I saw he was in Michigan, on the Lake Michigan Land Cruisers forum here on mud.

Haha, wow -you sure had to blow the dust off to find this thread Cardona!

What a throwback, like how a local radio station plays Grateful Dead live shows on Sunday mornings (Dick's Picks for those that know the series/collection)

Awesome, a ~13 yr thread bump -- biggest surprise is 95% the 80 owners from then & the SOR board transition era all still have at least one!

13 year old thread resurrection; got to be a record.

So where's Gumby?

Gumby bought a Tundra and gave his 80 to his kid, who crashed it the first day he had it, I repaired it, kid got in trouble, so I sold it to Ige.

Built a 55 wheeling rig (cerdito in my sig)

since bought a 45LV and a 45 SWB fixed hard top (too short) and built those. sold the LV to help buy a house in Northern Michigan.

no more 80s for me. Although the LV did have an 80s drivetrain.

Wasn't there some running joke about shrinkwrapping the sides of an 80 so we didn't "pinstripe" 'em too...or some such BS-ery?

Haha, good times........

Wasn't there some running joke about shrinkwrapping the sides of an 80 so we didn't "pinstripe" 'em too...or some such BS-ery?

Haha, good times........

Beowulf IIRC. Wonder what happened to that fella.

Beowulf IIRC. Wonder what happened to that fella.

Haha, that's right!

I looked on my buddy list & he was last around ~6 wks ago, seems he still has an 80.

Really of all the people who posted pre-Cardona's "archeological dig"/ massive bump, Junk is the only one I don't think has PHH & fusible links, and a HG to worry/obsess over.

Wow, back when a HG as PM seemed "worth it" ( :deadhorse: ) --- since our 80's bluebooked for a solid 10x what a HG job cost.
And a supercharger was in the same boat, it was selling for ~10-15% an 80 sold for.
Now it's what -50% the cost of a good 80?

Heck, now a HG job is 1/3 the value of a nice 80 :steer:

Napster was still a "thing", and the only thing Apple made were iPods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom