Maybe Check Your Rear E Locker Actuator Vent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was under the impression that the rear e-locker vented to the left quarter area by the jack via the wireing harness . I found this on The Wife's 96 LX450...the vent terminating in the left wheel well. Perfect shot for the pressure washer...There is no sign that the harness was altered, maybe this harness got the end of a roll of tube or something. Anyway, that explains why the PO rebuilt the actuator at least once, I did it twice, before it died an ugly and expensive death.

Soooo, if you don't see a little black vent tube in your left quarter, maybe check and see where your actuator does vent.
P1030001.JPG

I was under the impression that the rear e-locker vented to the left quarter area by the jack via the wireing harness . I found this on The Wife's 96 LX450...the vent terminating in the left wheel well. Perfect shot for the pressure washer...There is no sign that the harness was altered, maybe this harness got the end of a roll of tube or something. Anyway, that explains why the PO rebuilt the actuator at least once, I did it twice, before it died an ugly and expensive death.

Soooo, if you don't see a little black vent tube in your left quarter, maybe check and see where your actuator does vent.

That's where they vent stock, some vacuum line moves it where ever you like. The jack compartment works well.

Nice dust arrow :D

mine was in the rear quarter from the factory, I have rebuilt the rear actuator but it did not need it clean as can be inside.

Aren't those tubes in the rear quarters for the sprayer if you had ambulance doors? And yes, I am talking about the clear tubes that don't connect to anything.

I'm pretty sure that's what those are, its been discussed here before.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=121684&highlight=washer+ambulance

See pics in that thread, I'm under the impression those are the tubes you all are talking about.

This probably explains why I couldn't find the vent by my jack. I could see it start at the actuator, but then it disappeared near the wheel well like you show in your picture. I'll have to check and see if mine is there as well. Was your sticking out like that in the picture, or did you pry it out some?

Are you sure, on my '96 LX it was in the same place pictured above?

can I get a do over on that? :doh:

I thought I was, went out to take a pic and it was not there :doh: I have it routed there now.

It was not sticking out like pictured above it was taped into the harness,

I have picture will get them posted up tomorrow.

Aren't those tubes in the rear quarters for the sprayer if you had ambulance doors? And yes, I am talking about the clear tubes that don't connect to anything.

I'm pretty sure that's what those are, its been discussed here before.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=121684&highlight=washer+ambulance

See pics in that thread, I'm under the impression those are the tubes you all are talking about.

II have see pics here that show both the ambulance door sprayer lines and vent tubes in the same area.

YOTAFAN said:
. Was yours sticking out like that in the picture, or did you pry it out some?
Noticed it pretty much as pictured, and it clicked right away how all the rust had formed in the actuator:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom