May lose the 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been chasing too many problems with this motor. Leakdown test was fine, compression on all cylinders good, but it's no bueno.

1) tendency create to tapioca in the head cover and oil full cap. Had the hose from the head to the aftermarket Weber but stopped that as it wasn't pulling it was pushing crap into the carb "floor" so I've plugged the carb and routed that hose to "vent" under the motor. It's likes to puff a steady stream of white smoke - but not losing any water anywhere.

2) Replaced the oil pan, op gasket, front plate/timing gear gasket, pcv and still there's oil coming out of too many places to count.

I've got a 5.3 in my 40 and it's a dream.

Can someone give me a good reason to stick with it and keep the 2F in the 45?

Resell value, cool factor keeping it F or/2F
But fact is it's yours, you decide what fits you and what your future plans are.

I can do nothing but agree when it comes to how nice the gen 3 and 4 vortec motors are.

toyota diesel swap...

just gonna leave that here :hillbilly:

It's frustrating that there isnt an easy way to retrofit a Toyota V8.

toyota diesel swap...

just gonna leave that here :hillbilly:

Nah, if I was going diesel I'd 100 times out of 100 chose the Cummins, not even a hard decision. I don't want to deal with the racket I've had diesels and they are noisy and if you don't really need a diesel it makes zero sense to have one to me.

Decision has been made, I can do the 5.3 easily and inexpensively

Nah, if I was going diesel I'd 100 times out of 100 chose the Cummins, not even a hard decision. I don't want to deal with the racket I've had diesels and they are noisy and if you don't really need a diesel it makes zero sense to have one to me.

ja, i can understand that. i come from a part of the world where diesel is preferred over petrol, and have grown up and had diesels my entire life, so am quite biased towards them

ja, i can understand that. i come from a part of the world where diesel is preferred over petrol, and have grown up and had diesels my entire life, so am quite biased towards them

Get it 100% and I was on that path, but just had common sense take over - I don't need a diesel and a gasser does what I need it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom