marry go spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
any one have any issues with there front spring rotating in the perch? i think it may have to do with the aluminum spacers in the front but i cant put my finger on it. the shocks are as tight as i cant get them. i noticed the problem when driving in an off camber situation the spring would make a hallow bing sound.

mike

They do this even when seated correctly? (end of the spring in the little notch of the spring perch?)

well they dont do it all the time (as far as i know) they never did this before then i took it all apart to put spacers in, after that there was a good 3000 miles on the truck before any problems occured. i have since took it all aprt and re seated them and will see how it goes.

The only time that I have seen them move was unseating under flex with long shocks. Your setup with short shocks and spring spacers, the springs should always be tight, never unseat?

Tools R Us said:
The only time that I have seen them move was unseating under flex with long shocks. Your setup with short shocks and spring spacers, the springs should always be tight, never unseat?

thats my thoughts as well? well i guess ill just keep an eye on it.

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom