Mark Levinson Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there are many discussions of the Mark Levinson - navigation system, which actually makes specific answers difficult to find. I didn’t see this, specifically, so sorry if it’s a repeat.

My 2004 GX470 was working perfectly until 2 weeks ago. Speakers replaced for better sound several years ago on the OEM system and a blue tooth in-line system installed. No amp issues, no speaker issues. It worked fine one day. The next, the screen is blank and the head unit does not work. I have played around with the radio and blue tooth to see if it is just the screen, but nothing. The climate control and blower buttons still work, except that I can’t see the settings on the screen.

Summarized:
-No nav screen
-No audio
-climate control still operational

I took the stock head unit out, disconnected and reconnected all plugs. I bypassed the bluetooth plugin to see if that might be the problem. Nothing. No blown fuses under the driver’s knee or under the hood.

Has anyone experienced this specific problem?
Is the ML system on a specific relay by the battery fuse box?
Anything I should try before biting the bullet and replacing it? I would prefer to just keep that system stock.

Just happened to me ...again. Last time it came back on it's own. Worked great last week all of a sudden it made a strange sound and stopped working. Sometimes it displays an on screen dialog that says the A/C is disconnected. If I come up with anything I'll respond here. Also I've had the radio out so it may be a loose connection.
I have the shop manuals and check the wiring but to be honest it's mostly "black box" not a lot of strait forward wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom