March 2018 Trail Ride - Red Canyon/Seep Springs OHV Area (Canon City) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
CLC monthly trail ride for March is Saturday, March 17, at the Red Canyon/Seep Springs OHV Area near Canon City.

Bill O. thanks for stepping up and posted instructions:
"Meet at Safeway (S. Nevada & Cheyenne Rd.) between 7:30 and 8:00. Travel Hwy 115 to Canon City. Meet yotaboy and anyone from Pueblo area in WalMart parking lot (SW corner). yotaboy can lead us from there, to Bank loop, Red Canyon park, Seep area and Temple Canyon if time allows."

Red Canyon/Seep Springs OHV Area is a relatively small area of BLM roads, one main road is 7-8 miles in length, with several 1 to 2 mile spur roads from it. Great views and low difficulty level (some ledges and rocks, but nothing a stock vehicle cannot handle).

Signage is pretty good in the area, with clear indicators of what is legal for 4x4, and what is restricted to bikes and ATVs.

BLM Road 5830B puts you on a ridge looking south--nice view. BLM Road 5830E takes you out to the east ridge, with big views to the east.

Last edited:
I'm going to not make this month's trail ride; the trip to Moab last week put me really behind on things at home, and maintenance on the wife's 95 FZJ80 is reaching critical mass--the PS pump has been whining for over a month, the water pump has been weeping for about a week, and now the starter is failing (the hammer trick works, but she thinks I just need to fix it:hillbilly:).

I wont make this trail run either (Work :crybaby:) but here's the start of my mapping project through that area.

Seep Springs OHV Area- BLM Road 5830 | Trails Offroad

Greg

I did not know you guys did a Seeps Springs map project.

Coming out of Seep Springs at the 'T' intersection of BLM 5830 and CR69 if you go left 69 leads to US Hwy 50. If you go right it will eventually lead to CR 11 aka High Park Rd. Along this leg of 69 is a combination of BLM and private ground and it is quite scenic.

There are pockets of BLM ground with dispersed camping along CR 11. Deer Park and Booger Red as I recall.

Left on CR 11 leads to CO Hwy 9. Right leads to CR 1. Right on CR 1 goes to Cripple Creek. Left will take you to Florissant on Hwy 24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom