Main seal replacement parts list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed a leak from what I’m assuming is my main seal. I’ve decided to tackle this job myself, so I started doing a bunch of reading in this forum. It sounds like it is highly recommended that many other items should be replaced while I’m in there. I made a list of everything that I’m going to replace while I’m tackling the main seal. Is there anything on my list that I’m missing? This is going to be the biggest job I’ve done, so I’m hoping to have everything planned out in advance. Thanks!

IMG_8493.jpeg

I noticed a leak from what I’m assuming is my main seal. I’ve decided to tackle this job myself, so I started doing a bunch of reading in this forum. It sounds like it is highly recommended that many other items should be replaced while I’m in there. I made a list of everything that I’m going to replace while I’m tackling the main seal. Is there anything on my list that I’m missing? This is going to be the biggest job I’ve done, so I’m hoping to have everything planned out in advance. Thanks!

View attachment 3400722
That list goes beyond a “while you are in there” list. If doing the REAR main it is really that seal, clutch stuff, and maybe oil pain. I did a transfer case rebuild as the trans/transfer case came out.

Things like the crank shaft seal and push rod gasket are in a different area. If you are looking to overhaul all those then go for it.

My engine was pissing oil out of everywhere. So I made my way around the engine replacing all those gaskets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom