Main model year changes 2008-2014 200 series and lx (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have had 80 and 100 series landcruisers and looking to buy another. Thinking about getting the 200 series now since the 100s are getting a little age on them. Are there any real differences between 2008 to present besides the mild refresh in 2013. Should I avoid any year. Looks like there have not really been much change substantially over the years. Might just buy new but really hat the drive off the lot depreciation. Also is there a classified section for 200 series yet. Did not find it if so. Thanks to everyone.

Here is the condensed version of the Toyota literature (US-spec):

2009: Carried over unchanged with the exception of factory privacy glass on side and rear quarter windows.

2010: Added a few enhancements for 2010 model year including the addition of privacy glass on the rear hatch and Safety Connect™ telematics system. The audio system added integrated satellite radio with a 90-day trial subscription to XM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® and an auxiliary audio jack/USB port. New options included rain-sensing windshield wipers added to the Upgrade Package and a navigation system with XM NavTraffic.

2011: Brake override technology as standard equipment.

2012: No 2012 model year

2013: No more Upgrade Package; all features now standard.
Exterior and interior styling enhancements that included:
- updated front grille and headlamps with HID low-beams,
- LED Daytime Running Lights,
- chrome side molding,
- redesigned outer side mirrors and tail lamps,
- enlarged front and rear fenders.
- One new color, Pearl White was added to its palette.

Complementing the freshened exterior, Land Cruiser received an updated interior:
- available in either Sandstone or Black,
- perforated leather trim with ventilated front seats,
- a higher gloss wood grain finish,
- brighter silver instrument panel ornamentation,
- chrome-plated air registers and updated meter-cluster lighting,
- Multi-terrain Monitor with front, side or rear selectable views,
- a new Multi-information Display,
- an Eco Driving Indicator light and zone display,
- a heated steering wheel,
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control;
- an additional power outlet (DC 12V) at the rear of the center console,
- and a rear cargo deck power outlet that was changed to AC 120V from AC 115V.

2014: Unchanged.

Until a 200-specific section is added, people have (myself included) put 200-series ads in the "Other Vehicles" section.

Is there really a big difference between 12 and 13 front and rear fenders. I never noticed but i will look a lot closer now.

Is there really a big difference between 12 and 13 front and rear fenders. I never noticed but i will look a lot closer now.

the 2013 fenders buldge out and have a bit more shape to them, you gotta really look at them close to notice the difference though. IMO

2009: Carried over unchanged with the exception of factory privacy glass on side and rear quarter windows.

2010: Added a few enhancements for 2010 model year including the addition of privacy glass on the rear hatch and Safety Connect™ telematics system. The audio system added integrated satellite radio with a 90-day trial subscription to XM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® and an auxiliary audio jack/USB port. New options included rain-sensing windshield wipers added to the Upgrade Package and a navigation system with XM NavTraffic.

[STRIKE]- LED Daytime Running Lights,[/STRIKE]
- chrome side molding,

Complementing the freshened exterior, Land Cruiser received an updated interior:

Until a 200-specific section is added, people have (myself included) put 200-series ads in the "Other Vehicles" section.

Just one small correction:

The 2013 Land Cruiser does NOT have LED daytime running lights. The LED lights below the headlamp housings lights up with the headlights. The high beam bulbs, at reduced voltage, are used for DRL.

I believe the 2013 LX570 DOES use the LED's as DRL.

:cheers:

On 14 LX 570 the cluster info display was enlarged and the little gauges moves out to the sides to accommodate the larger display.Looks more Mercedes like. Eurostyle passing turn signal and their programmability also seems to be a new feature 13 and 14 LX? VERY handy feature.

Just joined the 200 club Sunday. Used with 65,000mi. 2013 model. Now if I could get that darn ECO light to quit turning on and off!

There is a customization that allows you to turn off the Eco light. I remember reading about it in the manual.

Sent from my iPad

Just joined the 200 club Sunday. Used with 65,000mi. 2013 model. Now if I could get that darn ECO light to quit turning on and off!
Set the odometer to "Trip A". Then press and hold down the odo button until you see a menu to turn the PITA ECO button off. Simple-easy. I was dreading yanking the cluster to remove the light...it's as bad as the PITA "D" light on my LX.

As to model years...although, technically, there is no 2012 MY, my '13 Cruiser was manufactured in February, 2012.

Steve

Just one small correction:

The 2013 Land Cruiser does NOT have LED daytime running lights. The LED lights below the headlamp housings lights up with the headlights. The high beam bulbs, at reduced voltage, are used for DRL.

I believe the 2013 LX570 DOES use the LED's as DRL.

:cheers:
The LED's are lit with both parking light and / or headlight settings. You can kill the DRL's via the setup menu, iirc.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

- LED Daytime Running Lights,
- chrome side molding,

Looking at a 200 to replace my 100 and really need better headlights. Can anyone comment on any noticeable difference between the 2008-11 vs 2013+ headlights? Is it worth $5000+ extra to get a 2013+ is what I need to decide.

Thanks.

Halogen to Led conversions are way less expensive route to go. Id be keen on cooling seats in the newer models. My 08 does not have cooling seats and i think thats a highly desirable appointment, imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom