Magruder Corridor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I’m planning an east to west and back SXS w/tiny trailer trek from Darby Montana in late July 2019.

Anybody that has experience with the MC?

I would welcome any and all commentary!

It will be clear of snow by late July. There is good fishing on the Selway River. Take the spur off the main road up to the Selway raft put in/Paradise campground. This is a good place to camp and fishing is great near by.

Paradise Campground
7A212D0B-4C0D-4CA9-9987-548583C569B6.jpeg

Selway River from the bridge near Paradise Campground
45469724-4ECE-4228-BB83-004FB385E81B.jpeg

It will be clear of snow by late July. There is good fishing on the Selway River. Take the spur off the main road up to the Selway raft put in/Paradise campground. This is a good place to camp and fishing is great near by.

Paradise Campground
View attachment 1870948

Selway River from the bridge near Paradise Campground
View attachment 1870949
Thank you. Is that the only opportunity, the trail doesn’t follow any rivers at any point??

Yes, that's prettty much correct. Most of the fishing opportunities in the Corridor are closer to the Darby, MT side. The best being on the Selway River. If you want to try more spots in the area, I recommend driving up to highway 12 in Idaho where three rivers (Lochsa, Selway and the Middle Fork of the Clear Water) come together in one spot (Lowell, ID). If you head to highway 12, there are MANY National Forest campgrounds off of the highway and a really nice lodge (Lochsa Lodge) where you can get a good meal and gasoline if you need it. Consequently, the Lolo trail starts right across the street from where the Lochsa Lodge is located. Have you considered doing the Lolo trail/motorway on your trip as well?

Yes, that's prettty much correct. Most of the fishing opportunities in the Corridor are closer to the Darby, MT side. The best being on the Selway River. If you want to try more spots in the area, I recommend driving up to highway 12 in Idaho where three rivers (Lochsa, Selway and the Middle Fork of the Clear Water) come together in one spot (Lowell, ID). If you head to highway 12, there are MANY National Forest campgrounds off of the highway and a really nice lodge (Lochsa Lodge) where you can get a good meal and gasoline if you need it. Consequently, the Lolo trail starts right across the street from where the Lochsa Lodge is located. Have you considered doing the Lolo trail/motorway on your trip as well?
The Lolo will be a subsequent trip for me. That being the northern Nez Perce trail and the overland route of Lewis and Clark, it is of particular importance to me. Hwy 12 is federal highway and I don’t believe that SXS’s (UTV’s) are allowed on them. Thank you for the information!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom