M416 spring/axle flip and Hub conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

So if I flip the axle for added clearance will I be able to keep the parking brake?

Also can I just order 5x5.5 to 5x4.5 by 108mm bore adapters with acorn lights and call it a day or will that present issues?

I sprung over my M416 and towed it like that for years on and off road for years, no issue with keeping the parking brake.

It was very easy, I replaced the C-shaped shackles with regular H shackles (aftermarket CJ3 ones work) at the same time. I just used a winch to flip the trailer over in my front yard! :)

I need to do the same thing to put some 35's under my trailer, but I need to figure out the best way to mount FJ80 rims on it without spending a bunch. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Axle with the right hubs should be fairly cheap, and they'll cut it to the exact width of the 80 series, that's what I did with mine. I only paid $125 for the axle but that was a long time ago.

Axle with the right hubs should be fairly cheap, and they'll cut it to the exact width of the 80 series, that's what I did with mine. I only paid $125 for the axle but that was a long time ago.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but having a hard time determining exactly what hub to hub measuremo to go with to run 315/75 tires in stock FJ80 rims. If anyone has that measurement to share, it willake my day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom