M416 Build - Leaf Spring Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've lurked for quite a while as I slowly upgrade my 2006 Sequoia and I finally found a M416 worth purchasing. I've disassembled most of it in preparation for sanding, paint, etc. However, I can't seem to get the leaf springs out. Not sure if the front bolt is frozen or if I'm not doing something right. Is there a trick?

New Trailer.jpg

M416 Front Bracket.jpg

Shouldn't be any trick to it, remove the grease zert then get on it with a 6 point socket on the front and back. If that doesn't work you can hit it with the impact.

Thanks. I can get the inner nut off. It's the bolt that won't budge. Seems like it should just slide out according to the manual but no movement on either side.

Thanks. I can get the inner nut off. It's the bolt that won't budge. Seems like it should just slide out according to the manual but no movement on either side.

Yes, it will slide toward the inside of the trailer. Does it rotate when you put a wrench on it ? I had to take the pressure off of the springs on mine and hit that bolt with a rubber mallet to get it moving.

Yes, it will slide toward the inside of the trailer. Does it rotate when you put a wrench on it ? I had to take the pressure off of the springs on mine and hit that bolt with a rubber mallet to get it moving.

It doesn't rotate at all even using a breaker bar (and I have no access to an impact). I did get it to budge ever so slightly with a mallet so I guess I'll continue to work on it. Thanks for the replies!

It doesn't rotate at all even using a breaker bar (and I have no access to an impact). I did get it to budge ever so slightly with a mallet so I guess I'll continue to work on it. Thanks for the replies!

Is the back side of it painted on ? Mine was and I had to use a wire wheel to free it up, then hammered it out of there.

My best guess is rusted together. Don't have the proper tools and don't want to break anything. Main reason for wanting to remove them was access to the axle. So instead I just disassembled the hub. With the exception of those two bolts, leafs are in great shape. Thanks for the replies.

One side is reverse thread. I can't remember which side it is but one of them is definitely a reverse thread.

One side is reverse thread. I can't remember which side it is but one of them is definitely a reverse thread.

On the M416? I have a WWII MBT and it has left hand threads on one side wheel lug nuts. My M416 has all right hand threads.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom