LX570 Taillight removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HGB

Threads
The corner lights are straightforward to remove, but the inner lights attached to the tailgate seem to have a strip restricting access to screws/bolts. Anyone have a screenshot of the FSM removal process and required tools?

TIA

The corner lights are straightforward to remove, but the inner lights attached to the tailgate seem to have a strip restricting access to screws/bolts. Anyone have a screenshot of the FSM removal process and required tools?
TIA
Not sure what year you have- this is what the FSM shows for a 2008. Unfortunately it's pretty cryptic.
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 3.19.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 3.20.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 3.20.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 3.20.05 PM.png

Reactions: HGB
Are you trying to get to the reverse lights? You access those from behind the storage compartments.

Thanks to your help, Tig, I was able to get them out. You need to loosen the black trim around the headlights attached to the tailgate by removing 3 T25 screws, and 3 10mm bolts. Then you will be able to pull back the trim and access 3 more 10mm bolts. Remove and then pull hard on the taillight until it comes out.
C9006F39-4080-41D7-8B06-A01A0A8B3214.jpeg
E5DB0903-740E-40D7-9A3A-EA950CD26826.jpeg

You're going back to stock lights?

how did you de-chrome your door handles? and the areas around the license plate?

Wondering how you can access the lights illuminating license plate? Can they be replaced or updated?

I’ll try to remember and go out to look tomorrow. There’s a chance the same trim that covers the taillight access but in a different area can allow for access to the license plate bulbs.

Maybe @Tighe can chime in with the FSM.

I’ll try to remember and go out to look tomorrow. There’s a chance the same trim that covers the taillight access but in a different area can allow for access to the license plate bulbs.

Maybe @Tighe can chime in with the FSM.

9E9515D6-E7F8-4A51-B4E8-425019CB113F.jpeg

@HGB Can you by chance offer up how to remove the outer lights? I have removed the two obvious bolts under the plastic caps but are there any more?

Thanks

@HGB Can you by chance offer up how to remove the outer lights? I have removed the two obvious bolts under the plastic caps but are there any more?

Thanks

Outer are easy. Two bolts visible and use a trim tool or wrapped knife to get them out a little. Try to pull straight back (you’ll need to pull pretty hard) to make sure you don’t break off the plastic retaining guide that aligns the light. Also remember the plug you'll need to disconnect.

5 min job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom