LX570 Lean/Sag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang!

Checking to see if anyone else has experienced a slight lean or sag with their LX. We've got about a half an inch on the front driver side that is lower than the other three corners. It is the same in all modes (low-hi) and becomes difficult to notice while driving. The lean/sag is seen on flat and level surfaces. We initially thought it was a "feature" for the Easy Access button. Then we noticed that the lean was happening even when the button was not selected.

It is not a major nuisance and the vehicle handles like it should. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with this before.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey gang!

Checking to see if anyone else has experienced a slight lean or sag with their LX. We've got about a half an inch on the front driver side that is lower than the other three corners. It is the same in all modes (low-hi) and becomes difficult to notice while driving. The lean/sag is seen on flat and level surfaces. We initially thought it was a "feature" for the Easy Access button. Then we noticed that the lean was happening even when the button was not selected.

It is not a major nuisance and the vehicle handles like it should. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with this before.

Cheers,
Chris

If the car still under warranty, take it back to the dealer and tell them to adjust the shock. Of not I believe you can adjust yourself vis techstream

I have not noticed this on my LX. I'll have to take a closer look and measure to verify. Stay tuned.

I'll check as well when I get home from work.

Just checked my fronts... measuring from center of hub to bottom of fender, mine are spot on... right at 19 inches. No lean.

Thanks! I measured again and it is actually right at an inch lower. We're still under warranty and what better reason to head to Minneapolis. So, seems we'll make a weekend of it and possibly ask about some other odds and ends that has come up.

Cheers,
Chris

Both at are 19" for me as well (center hub to fender)

So, dealer is saying there is no mechanical malfunction and that it is perfectly normal. The Toyota troubleshooting should have the exact amount that it is allowed to be off but I don't know it. They were showing that it was half an inch lower.

Does anyone by chance know?

Also, they did find that the amplifier under the driver seat was bad. The fan was bad, causing a loud droning noise.

Last edited:
Well, I played with mine to see if I could get the front to raise and get rid of my "stink-bug", but then the AHC went all wonky and now I don't have Entry Access Mode and it won't go into Low position. Having now read a BUTT-TONNE of information on this system, I have found that most of the adjustments are in software, which I do not have access to...

If you get board, read this entire thread...
AHC Diagnostics help

Yeah, it is regarding LX-470's AHC system, but there is a TON that is 570 specific as well.

Jonathan

PS Congrats on finding that amplifier...

Well, I played with mine to see if I could get the front to raise and get rid of my "stink-bug", but then the AHC went all wonky and now I don't have Entry Access Mode and it won't go into Low position. Having now read a BUTT-TONNE of information on this system, I have found that most of the adjustments are in software, which I do not have access to...

If you get board, read this entire thread...
AHC Diagnostics help

Yeah, it is regarding LX-470's AHC system, but there is a TON that is 570 specific as well.

Jonathan

PS Congrats on finding that amplifier...
Thanks! We'll see when I talk to them tomorrow. I'll ask about the acceptable limits they show in their guides. The fan noise was an irritant but figured if we were driving 5 hours to the dealership we'd might as well bring it up. I'm hoping they can get the part in time before we have to leave.

Now that I have totally "wonky-fied" the AHC by trying to adjust those little sensors at each corner, mine is getting reset after I put the new 285-65-18 BFGs on it... this weekend. I figured that I might as well get the tires on it before I have someone mess with that system and the associated alignment that is needed, so that I only have to do it once.

Great new/sad news...

Great news...They changed their tune when I requested tolerances for the lean. They recalibrated the entire system to level it out.

Sad news...They hit another car with mine as they were pulling it around.

Now we're waiting to see what happens. I need to be back to work on Monday and we're a 5.5 hour drive from home.

Great new/sad news...

Great news...They changed their tune when I requested tolerances for the lean. They recalibrated the entire system to level it out.

Sad news...They hit another car with mine as they were pulling it around.

Now we're waiting to see what happens. I need to be back to work on Monday and we're a 5.5 hour drive from home.

Great idea asking for the tolerances! I suspect many shops feel they can get away with just saying, "It's within specs..." and the customer shrugs and walks away.

Bad news part... Sheesh! Hope they take care of you with the collision!!

That is horrible! The collision that is...

They gave us the loaner to drive home. They'll fix the bumper up and ship the truck to us late next week. All-in-all the dealership was pretty good to deal. The experience falls into @Markuson 's question for the wife; how to justify a purchase!

Now the wife wants new bumpers front and back..eeekk. I didn't even have to prompt the question.

They gave us the loaner to drive home. They'll fix the bumper up and ship the truck to us late next week. All-in-all the dealership was pretty good to deal. The experience falls into @Markuson 's question for the wife; how to justify a purchase!

Now the wife wants new bumpers front and back..eeekk. I didn't even have to prompt the question.

Nice!!
Ima gonna ask Toyota to run into MY bumper! ;)

Now that I have totally "wonky-fied" the AHC by trying to adjust those little sensors at each corner, mine is getting reset after I put the new 285-65-18 BFGs on it... this weekend. I figured that I might as well get the tires on it before I have someone mess with that system and the associated alignment that is needed, so that I only have to do it once.

LCHardriver - Any luck on getting the LX sorted out? I found the proper way to align it if you have TechStream, which I know you're working on getting.

I checked this out while the truck was with the dealer a few weeks ago. it is how I new there were specifications for the system and to ask the question to the service rep.

I got the following from 200 Series FAQ: Link to Toyota Service Information

GSIC - Global Service Information Center

This helps with the troubleshooting and provides some great step-by-step to correct the issues.

Hope this helps for those out of warranty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom