LX470 owners - low beam headlight harness integrity check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found that my low beam wire harnesses, particularly the wire inside the grey cover to be in poor condition. I wanted to have some input of other owners to see if its a common issue due to age & heat of being sealed inside the headlight housing or if this is more isolated issue to a failing connection raising amp draw and frying the insulation & wire.

If we find its more of a common issue might be something owners want to look at as a P.M. The harness itself can be replaced - running around the $33 dollar mark per side (PN#81125-6A080) or you can splice in new wire into the harness if you feel handy.

I looked at the LC parts diagram, it doesn't look like you guys have this - as the harness plugs directly into the bulb outside of the head light housing.

The pic below shows the low beam grey access cover and the two wires in question. I spliced this harness already (hence the red wire) but its a visual to show the area im talking about.

35453970035_7411dab736_b.jpg

Harness sub assembly removed from the vehicle

35068673490_12b5521f7b_z.jpg

This is the flag terminals and wire that was removed from the harness to show the condition the wires & insulation are in. More of a heads up than anything else. Both sides were working so you may not notice that this could be an issue.

35453900215_9f5f9bf035_b.jpg

I chose to splice into the sub harness because it saved about $70 bucks and if i ever want to, the splice can be replaced - no harm done to the integrity of the vehicle harness.

34613733754_ae65bc3c87_b.jpg

Last edited:
I just discovered this problem with my LX 470. I went to change a burnt out headlight and discovered it's not the headlight, the harness is kind of trashed. Then I checked the other side and it' not in much better shape. Best to do all of them.

EDIT: found the flag terminals for sale at Ace hardware around the corner. Might opt for the non-insulated ones since I don't know how well heat-rated the nylon ones are. The headlight unit coverplate is plastic anyway so I don't foresee a problem.

Last edited:
@Lucky Strike Where did you get the new connectors with the 90-degree angle?

I just discovered this problem with my LX 470. I went to change a burnt out headlight and discovered it's not the headlight, the harness is kind of trashed. Then I checked the other side and it' not in much better shape. Best to do all of them.

I found a full set on Amazon....https://www.amazon.com/XLX-Insulate...06&sr=8-4&keywords=electrical+flag+connectors

By the way.......EXCELLENT avatar! Dr. Lexus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom