LX470 alignment question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellas!

I need a little help figure this out. 2004 LX470 with 2” Ironman lift, was having an issue with front end drifting when heavy acceleration. After using the search function on the site came up with the conclusion that I needed UCA to correct the issue.
No biggie, did that, and it went well. Drove to the dealers to get an alignment.
Just picked it up and it pulls to the right. Tech said it was my tires, mind you it drove like an arrow before the UCA’s and alignment.
Measured the tires and left(driver) is 1mm taller than right. 8mm and 9mm accordingly, tires are K02’s 285 70 r17
My question is, can the tire difference cause the pull?

I want to make sure before I go back to dealership and complain, attached is the alignment sheet

Thanks

FBB3DE11-DA3C-4835-BC7F-A6CEF065AD3B.jpeg

Your steering wheel may have offset. just try to put steering wheel in most relax position (may not be the center position) and to check 1) if the front wheels are straight, 2) if steering wheel is centered. If 1 is true and 2 is false, you need re-cal your VGRS center of steering wheel.

Not sure I understand 100%. I went out to the truck, aligned the steering wheel center. When looking at the front of the truck the drivers tire points to the right the passenger points straight

Another thing I noticed is that the wheel/tire to fender gap is different. The driver side tire hits the fender slightly while the passenger has ample room (see pics)
322AF0AF-E85A-4E63-BD57-318AE51A7982.jpeg
322AF0AF-E85A-4E63-BD57-318AE51A7982.jpeg

Totally screwed that up, what I meant to say is that when steering wheel is straight the driver side tire point towards passenger side while passenger tire is straight

I also screed up the picture, posted two of the same, here is the other pic
F9A05881-F3AF-4F42-A339-FB110875B936.jpeg

I had the similar issue on the 3rd gen 4Runner. One tech at firestone aligned it and had rubbing + slight pull to right. Took it back and a new tech was there. He fixed the issue.

Looking at your numbers, the driver wheel should move forward giving more castor (above 2.3 degrees: your current is 2.1 which is below spec). The cam bolts are on the upper arm, so to receive the clearance, the front eye on upper arm should move towards the engine and rear eye on the upper arm should move away from the engine (outwards). But the issue is this will cause the castor angle to drop (You initially had it at 1.5).

So that’s a funky situation! How could something like this happen? Could it be due to an accident? Prior to the UCA swap and alignment the truck didn’t pull and the gap was equal, I know that. Also the alignment before numbers are not exactly how it was before the UCA swap. I screwed up and did not mark the exact cam locations prior to removal. Thanks for the input. Will take it to the Dealer in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom