LX450 Diff and Transf Case Flange pattern measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I'm about to change the drive shaft after installing a 3" lift on a 97 LX450 but need to get the correct flange pattern measurements at the rear differential and transfer case but after measuring myself with an old tape I got intrigued by the numbers.

I checked my numbers with the shop that will build the CV driveshaft and they say that for a 97 80 series LC, the common flange bolt pattern distances are 60mm X 60mm or 66mm X 60mm or 66mm X 66mm.

After measuring mine I got 55mm X 55mm and 52mm X 55mm.

Does anyone know what are the measurements on a OEM flange installed on a 97 LX450? Or, is that a way to get a more precise measurement on those bolts without removing them? I'm thinking about removing 2 bolts and measure with a caliper from the outside of one hole to the inner side of the other hole but just trying to figure out if there is a way to do this without messing with it too much for now.

Here are some pics that I took while measuring:

IMG_1314.JPG

Measurement at the transfer case, no focus...i know. Not enough space under the truck

IMG_1327.jpg

at the rear diff, width

IMG_1330.jpg

rear diff height

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Your tape showing 2 9/16" is 65 mm, so that is the 66mm one. The numbers your shop is saying are common are correct.
Your tape measure does not have a metric side. I don't know what that's trying to be, in 1/2" increments...

Your tape showing 2 9/16" is 65 mm, so that is the 66mm one. The numbers your shop is saying are common are correct.
Your tape measure does not have a metric side. I don't know what that's trying to be, in 1/2" increments...

Hey, thanks for sharing some thoughts here. Yea, this tape was left by the previous owner here and I thought the numbers I was getting were weird indeed.

I'm gonna get a caliper today and re-check but I believe that you are right on the assessment, the correct distances are 66mm. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom