LX shifter hard to move (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Experienced this twice so far. Car is a 2011 LX, when it rains & sitting for a few days, the shifter is hard to click in place, had to yank to shift out of P into whatever & back to P. My mechanic explained & warned me if it keeps happening but I don’t think I get it. Thanks.

If the vehicle is on a significant incline and it is being held in place by the parking cog in the transmission, it would behave as you described. It is a good practice to hold the vehicle with the parking brake and then set the transmission to park to avoid this. Even this can be a bit iffy especially over time. What I am describing has nothing to do with rain.

Experienced this twice so far. Car is a 2011 LX, when it rains & sitting for a few days, the shifter is hard to click in place, had to yank to shift out of P into whatever & back to P. My mechanic explained & warned me if it keeps happening but I don’t think I get it. Thanks.
I test drove a 2011 LX at a dealer who got it from auction place. The shifter was hard and dealer said it is known issue with that model. I did not get to buy it as it was out of my range. Not sure if the vehicle sat for a long period of time results in this issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom