LX roof top drip rail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there. I was washing the top of my recently acquired 2014 LX and noticed that some of the the drip rail moldings are missing, and that there looks to be a seam with sealant.

Can you tell me if this looks normal?

Here is a parts link to the moldings that I am referencing: Exterior Trim - Roof for 2014 Lexus LX570 | MyLexusParts

Thanks.

IMG_20191010_145657.jpg

IMG_20191010_145943.jpg

IMG_20191010_150120.jpg

Can someone please comment if there roof gutter has a seam under the plastic molding?

TIA.

Mine went missing too, so I ordered/installed replacements and they went missing as well. I am not replacing them again - gonna live without. I was told by the dealer that if you use a touchless car wash, the high pressure water tends to blow these out - so I put a dab of superglue on the ends of remaining mouldings and they have stayed in place for a few years.

Mine went missing too, so I ordered/installed replacements and they went missing as well. I am not replacing them again - gonna live without. I was told by the dealer that if you use a touchless car wash, the high pressure water tends to blow these out - so I put a dab of superglue on the ends of remaining mouldings and they have stayed in place for a few years.
Similar story I also lost my 2nd set, then didn’t replace them again. I’ve been without for 3 or 4 years now. I like not having them. The gutter works as a hand hold when I’m standing on my rear tire to load/unload gear off my roof rack.

I don’t use automated car washes though so something else must be steeling mine.

Thanks all for your replies. I am including a response from a body shop for your FYI.

"The seam that I see in your pictures does not appear to be damage. On Toyota products they use an automotive caulk that goes over the seams to prevent moisture from getting in between the body panels. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom